Confirmed with Link: Erik Johnson re-signs for 1 year $1 Million

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pet Charles

Oct 10, 2017
Performance bonus timing depends on whether they finish over the cap or not (by something like utilizing LTIR). If they do, it gets moved to the following season’s cap. That’s the super simple way to think about it.

Unless they do something else, they’re probably using LTIR at some point. They could go with more ELCs and maybe squeak in there. But…yeah.
I think Briere has some cap issues, because - and I don't know the details of the criteria for the bonuses - I would suspect Michkov will realize a good portion of those bonuses.

This is Exhibit A (or B) of why signing Johnson and extending Hathaway is just stupid. Hathaway is a third-liner on a mediocre team, fourth on a good team. Even if one is fine with having him around for two more years after this one, extending him now is just confusing. He's 32, and at some point, he's going to fall off the cliff. Granted, it's a short hill, but he's going to fall off it and then there's 2.5M committed to player who's not worth that amount.

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I think Briere has some cap issues, because - and I don't know the details of the criteria for the bonuses - I would suspect Michkov will realize a good portion of those bonuses.

You can pretty much assume he’ll hit 1 of these (TOI) and of course potentially more:

PuckPedia said:
"A" Bonuses are worth $212,500 each, to a maximum of $850,000 (maximum 4 achieved). For players signed starting in 2022, "A" bonuses are worth $250,000 each, to a maximum of $1,000,000 (maximum 4 achieved). They are achieved by each of:

Forwards

-20 goals

-35 assists

-60 points

-Top six in Time on Ice among forwards (in total and/or per game) on team (minimum 42 games)

-Top three in +/- among forwards on team (minimum 42 games)

-0.73 points per game (minimum 42 games)

-End-of Season All Rookie Team

-All Star Selection

-All Star MVP

And probably none of these:

PuckPedia said:
"B" Bonuses are worth a maximum of $2 Million (up to $2.5M for players drafted in 2022 and later), and the full amount of the bonus is awarded if any of the following is achieved:

-Forwards: Top Ten in NHL Forward Goals, Assists, points, or points per game (min 42 GP)

-Win any of the following trophies: Hart, Selke, Richard, Conn Smythe, Norris

-1st or 2nd team All-Star

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada

This is Exhibit A (or B) of why signing Johnson and extending Hathaway is just stupid. Hathaway is a third-liner on a mediocre team, fourth on a good team. Even if one is fine with having him around for two more years after this one, extending him now is just confusing. He's 32, and at some point, he's going to fall off the cliff. Granted, it's a short hill, but he's going to fall off it and then there's 2.5M committed to player who's not worth that amount.
id love to see a reporter ask him why he went out on day 1 of FA and did exactly what he said he wouldnt be doing anymore..

but i know a question like that will never get asked

Reactions: BernieParent

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
You can pretty much assume he’ll hit 1 of these (TOI) and of course potentially more:

And probably none of these:

Not if Rocky Thompson’s powerplay has anything to say about it.

Also, I thought ELC bonuses didn’t affect the cap? We don’t get players like this around these parts, so I don’t know the exact details.

Boocowski

Mar 31, 2024
Don't feel bad. They don't know either. Try turning off the logical part of your brain. It still won't make sense, but it hurts less.
Ya I really thought there was a "plan" that (whether you agree with it or not) basically went, get rid of all the guys who are a problem/locker room effort issue, then focus on building a base as in a strong culture, then we wait for Michkov and when he arrives we start building on that base and forward for however long that takes step by step.
With moves like this though it just seems like they are clueless. idk maybe Michkov is coming sooner than they expected so they got confused. I really don't know.

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
Ya I really thought there was a "plan" that (whether you agree with it or not) basically went, get rid of all the guys who are a problem/locker room effort issue, then focus on building a base as in a strong culture, then we wait for Michkov and when he arrives we start building on that base and forward for however long that takes step by step.
With moves like this though it just seems like they are clueless. idk maybe Michkov is coming sooner than they expected so they got confused. I really don't know.
They don't really know either.

• Haha
Reactions: Boocowski

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad