Proposal: Erik Brannstrom for Nick Robertson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I'm okay with it. Don't love trading Robby for a guy 2 years older but I wouldn't he mad if it happened.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Both young players with very good potential.

Nick Robertson has had some terrible luck with injuries but he has top 6 potential.

Brannstrom is 22 and hasn't developed the way he was supposed to, and maybe Toronto's developmental team can earth a diamond in there.

We don’t need another smallish LHD prospect who at 22 is starting to push the line of never will be an NHL player. Look I understand 22 is still very young for a D prospect, look at Liljegren. Unfortunately Brannstrom hasn’t shown he can be an everyday NHL player yet while Robertson has been derailed by freak injuries but trending to a player who could play in your top 9, maybe top 6. If we are gonna use an asset like Robertson it’s likely part of package to get a true everyday player. Top 6 LW or top 4RHD.

Last edited:

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
Brannstrom has been really good recently. Good enough that I think even DJ won't send him down when we're healthy. I like Robertson, but I don't think the value is there at this point.

Not sure it makes sense for the leafs either. A bottom 3 of young Swedish defenders would be pretty interesting to see, but they're a little crowded on the back end barring some trades.

I don't think the proposal is bad at all since I don't expect fans of other teams to be high on Brannstrom right now. Though he's lost value in the eyes of other fanbases, he's been really good his last two stints and I think people are going to adjust their valuation of him soon.

attackfan71

Dec 2, 2012
owen sound ont.
I don’t see sens fans making this trade but. If it ever did come about it would only be for the leafs to use branstrom as a trade chip along with a first and another prospect like knies to go after chychrun. And not sure coyotes would even accept that

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Neither team does this.

Bran is playing well.

Robertson is long term entry level depth.

If Bran was more stay at home big man it'd make sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad