Proposal: Erik Brannstrom for Nick Robertson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Both young players with very good potential.

Nick Robertson has had some terrible luck with injuries but he has top 6 potential.

Brannstrom is 22 and hasn't developed the way he was supposed to, and maybe Toronto's developmental team can earth a diamond in there.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
its interesting. could actually work out perfect for both sides.
as a Leafs fan I wanna say no but might be a good idea

Brannstrom just needs to get on the right side and get away from DJ Smith
I just dont get it. kid was playing incredible and was a major reason for Ottawa playing as well as they did at the end of last season. then he gets kicked to the side again for bums like Del Zotto

Reactions: Sundinisagod

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
I don't know anything about Robertson however I am not really interested in trading EB, I would rather wait and he how he pans out.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Branstrom looks like he's finally found his game, and has been playing light's out with Chabot.

Given the optics surrounding Branstrom with the Stone trade, I doubt the Sens trade him for anything but a home run just yet. And Robertson is not that.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
I would do this. Honest evaluation of Robertson, I’m thinking he tops out as more of a middle six energy guy. He’s got a motor and a wicked shot but struggles to get into dangerous areas to use it. Injuries have obviously not helped.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Good proposal. Both are undersized, but Branstrom has disappointed, but has the higher potential and a DMan. Robertson has been a huge surprise.

Leafs should take the deal. Getting a young DMen is difficult to find. If they can properly manage his career, this would be a huge win.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Brannstrom has been playing way too well lately to trade him any time soon. Patience seems to have paid off, and Brannstrom looks like he'll slot in perfectly as a #3 after Chabot and Sanderson. I think if they traded him it'd be in a package for someone more proven.

I really like Robertson, haven't watched him much this year though so can't speak to how his season is going. Also Brannstrom is pretty similar to Sandin, not sure that's what the Leafs need right now.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Brannstrom really hasn't disappointed. He's just been brought along slowly, as have all our prospects besides Brady & Stutzle. All the people saying DJ hates/hated Brannstrom might have missed the ~50 times when DJ referenced Batherson's path to the NHL when asked about Brannstrom, or the ~50 times he's said he's an NHL DMan, or the ~50 times he's said Brannstrom looks better than he has to this point.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Good proposal. Both are undersized, but Branstrom has disappointed, but has the higher potential and a DMan. Robertson has been a huge surprise.

Leafs should take the deal. Getting a young DMen is difficult to find. If they can properly manage his career, this would be a huge win.

You've given away that you don't follow the Senators. Not a bad thing, but you're uninformed in the matter.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
He’s an undersized offensive DMan with only 18 points in 71 games. Stats confirm a very disappointing career.

Believe it or not, defenseman have the ability to double up the offense they produced in their first <100 games.

Karlsson only had 26 in his first 64 games.

2 years later? 78 in 81.

Chabot only had 25 in his first 61 games.

A year later? 55 in 70.

Reactions: Altimus

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Robertson would never crack the top 6 on Ottawa and I think he needs to play there to thrive. EB has indeed arrived and feel like his value > Robertson at this point.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
I would do this. Honest evaluation of Robertson, I’m thinking he tops out as more of a middle six energy guy. He’s got a motor and a wicked shot but struggles to get into dangerous areas to use it. Injuries have obviously not helped.

same.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I think this is one where Ottawa fans will have difficulty saying no in a polite manner.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I really like Robertson, haven't watched him much this year though so can't speak to how his season is going.

He's played two games... then fracture of his right fibula. So, nobody has watched him much.

Leafs need isn't offensive D-men, if anything, they could use a RD that was the big physical defensive type. In this case, it's not a fit for either team.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad