Prospect Info: Eric Jamieson, D, #177 2024 Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

Couldn't find a thread.

Jamieson is a shutdown defenceman with high-ebd physicality. He seeks out contact – big and small – and instantly punishes opponents who make the mistake of entering his space. When he’s not launching opponents through the air, he’s breaking up rushes with instant pressure, boxing out opponents around the net, and occasionally jumping into the play. -EliteProspects 2024 NHL Draft Guide

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
In his interview after the draft. Tod Button said Jamieson was someone they were looking at last year too and they've been watching him for 3 years.

Siignal

Apr 16, 2014
Amsterdam
If you're picking players in this range, it makes sense to pick locally. If they're a fan, especially for a team like Calgary that isn't as attractive a destination, and they somehow make the show, they might stick around rather than dip in free agency. While this is a Jamieson thread, this also touches upon Basha who is an incredible snag at his spot

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Also fits the profile of certain d prospects we've snagged like Hurtig. I think it's getting more obvious we might actually be trying batch development.

Really cool idea and I think it benefits prospects going forward. It's better to be in a log jam and be able to ask to move to another team and still benefit the org that drafted you than developed poorly in another org and the org simply moving on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad