Confirmed with Link: Eric Comrie 2 years 825k

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
:laugh: that’s just hilarious. At least it’s league minimum.

Hellebuyck’s two best playoff performances came when he lead the league in games played. 67 out of 82 in 17-18 and 45 out of 56 in 20-21. The load isn’t an issue.

That was then. This is now. He is not 25 yo anymore

Reactions: surixon

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
This is pretty lame. We'd be better off playing someone who has a chance of improving under Helle's mentorship (or whatever, not sure if he mentors anyone in anything other than ice fishing...).

That said, we squandered having a good backup last year (Bro should have started game 3 or at least 4), so I suppose it's an irrelevant move. Warm body that is a gosh darn nice guy and won't create a goalie controversy or anything...

SUX2BU

User of an ad-infested forum
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Got your eyes fixed, bugeyes?

1719865684414.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Eyeseeing

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
That was then. This is now. He is not 25 yo anymore

C’mon really? We’re really putting way too much emphasis on two 5 game samples where the whole team sucked. Hellebuyck just played 60 games (least amount of GP or % of his teams games since 16-17) and won the Vezina. But suddenly he was “tired”? I’m just not buying it anymore. Guy has always had a huge workload.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com

Topics:
1) What’s it like to return to Winnipeg?
2) Who texted him first? {;28)
3) Chance to work with Connor Hellebuyck & Wade Flaherty {;53)
4) Has he discussed role with the Jets? (2:00)
5) What was last year like for him? (2:40)
6) How is he feeling now? (4:20)
7) What does Wade Flaherty do that extracts best out of them? (5:00)
8) What the Jets/Moose organization means to him (6:28)
9) How long does it take to regain rhythm with a goalie coach? (7:19)

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
C’mon really? We’re really putting way too much emphasis on two 5 game samples where the whole team sucked. Hellebuyck just played 60 games (least amount of GP or % of his teams games since 16-17) and won the Vezina. But suddenly he was “tired”? I’m just not buying it anymore. Guy has always had a huge workload.

All goalies want to play every game.

A little cut back in his workload certainly won't hurt. Last year was the ideal time to try it on with Bro playing so well.

Sure, small samples, but he has been bad the last 2 PO. The Vezina winner was the worst goalie in the PO. Doesn't add up.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
All goalies want to play every game.

A little cut back in his workload certainly won't hurt. Last year was the ideal time to try it on with Bro playing so well.

Sure, small samples, but he has been bad the last 2 PO. The Vezina winner was the worst goalie in the PO. Doesn't add up.

Mort, did you actually read my post? He played as few as he has in years and still sucked.

Yeh, the last two playoffs. 5 games apiece.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Mort, did you actually read my post? He played as few as he has in years and still sucked.

Yeh, the last two playoffs. 5 games apiece.

He played 66 in '22 - no PO games
He played 64 in '23 - .886 in the PO
He played 60 in '24 - .870 in the PO

We can go back further to when he played well in the PO. His best PO performance was in '21. He saved .931 after playing only 45 games in the shortened season. Caused by Covid but nevertheless it was only 45 games.

We can go back further and find heavier workloads but now he is significantly younger. Anything over about 55 games in a season is a heavy workload for any goalie, IMO.

As few as he has in years was still too many.

I have no way of knowing if he would be better in the PO after a lighter workload until it is tried. What we know is that he hasn't been good enough the last 2 PO.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
He played 66 in '22 - no PO games
He played 64 in '23 - .886 in the PO
He played 60 in '24 - .870 in the PO

We can go back further to when he played well in the PO. His best PO performance was in '21. He saved .931 after playing only 45 games in the shortened season. Caused by Covid but nevertheless it was only 45 games.

We can go back further and find heavier workloads but now he is significantly younger. Anything over about 55 games in a season is a heavy workload for any goalie, IMO.

As few as he has in years was still too many.

I have no way of knowing if he would be better in the PO after a lighter workload until it is tried. What we know is that he hasn't been good enough the last 2 PO.

I’m not really sure you understand my point which is that it’s been way overstated with regards to how much he’s played. The more games he played the better he’s done whereas the fewer his numbers have been worse.

Yeh, 45 games played out of 56 with the season starting in mid January. That’s a very heavy load.

“As few as he’s had in years was still too many” Based off of what? Five terrible games where the whole team shit the bed? And after winning the Vezina?

We’ve complained for years about his workload but it’s largely been irrelevant.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I’m not really sure you understand my point which is that it’s been way overstated with regards to how much he’s played. The more games he played the better he’s done whereas the fewer his numbers have been worse.

Yeh, 45 games played out of 56 with the season starting in mid January. That’s a very heavy load.

“As few as he’s had in years was still too many” Based off of what? Five terrible games where the whole team shit the bed? And after winning the Vezina?

We’ve complained for years about his workload but it’s largely been irrelevant.

The truth is that neither of us knows for certain. You claim it is irrelevant but the data to support that doesn't exist. I don't accept your contention that his heavy loads coincided with his best PO because there is more context there. I believe it is relevant but I don't have a season with a light work load to back that up.

My belief is based on the history of other goalies plus my intuition.

Yes, after winning the Vezina. Does that not suggest to you that he should have done better in the PO?

We are both arguing opinions. I think we will have to agree to disagree here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad