Confirmed with Link: Eric Comrie 2 years 825k

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
:laugh: that’s just hilarious. At least it’s league minimum.

So Hellebuyck will play another 70 games, get burned out and useless again for the playoffs. Greeeeaaaat.

One of our two goalie prospects better be ready and soon.

Hellebuyck’s two best playoff performances came when he lead the league in games played. 67 out of 82 in 17-18 and 45 out of 56 in 20-21. The load isn’t an issue.

Last edited:

MarkWheeler

Dec 16, 2018
You really can’t make this stuff up. Unbelievable. How this clueless GM still has a job is beyond me. Can the guy not do anything that’s not the boring, safe, pathetic move.
Sign pretty much the worst backup goalie you can find, so you have to play hellebuyck about 70 games, so he’s worn out and plays like complete shit in the playoffs. What else is new. You had probably the best backup goalie in the league last year though, and nothing was any different. It’ll just be pretty much an automatic loss this time when Comrie is in net. What a pathetic organization top to bottom. I’ve never been less excited about the Jets than I am right now.

GrassyKnoll

Feb 3, 2015
So Hellebuyck will play another 70 games, get burned out and useless again for the playoffs. Greeeeaaaat.

One of our two goalie prospects better be ready and soon.

Or.....

Just maybe, they plan to play Helle less this upcoming season, with the built-in expectation of possibly losing more games, because, hey, why burn yourself out in the regular season (not just Helle, but the whole team) to finish 4th overall & then you have nothing left in the tank for the playoffs? Just win enough to make it to the post-season & then the whole team will be less exhausted & then have the potential to play better when it REALLY counts. Yes, 4th overall in the NHL was a nice feather in the cap, but no banner will be hung in the rafters for that & an early (and embarrassing) 1st round exit. Just sayin'...

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Going dirt cheap with the backup. So much for a load management plan for Helle. Makes me also think they have something in mind today if they are trying to cut cap where they feel they can.

I think in Helle's case, load management means more games not less. He's just that type of goalie. He also never gets injured. Probably because his big and tall positional style prevents over extending type strains and injuries.

Having said that, while I'm happy he's a Jet, his playoff performance has me wanting more from him. I do not think it's due to a heavy regular season though. For some reason his play is not as good in the post season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad