GWT: EPL - Matchweek 8

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
oh he got the ball first what's the rules say @hatterson
Given he won the ball, the only argument for it being a pen would be if it was a reckless challenge. It clearly wasn't so the review and overturn is easily the correct call here.

Can kinda understand missing it live since it was bang bang, but VAR did well to call for the review.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
that's the first time palmer's had a second to do something with the ball the whole first half

been swarmed every other time

Reactions: Blender

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Chelsea got spooked after Liverpool's goal. Signs of a young team whose heart and soul captain is somewhere in Madrid right now.

I think this one was a match for the French chuckle brothers to start in defense as the best attribute Disasi and Badiashile have is their speed.

I'd also put on Nkunku and Neto on at half time for Palmer and Sancho.

Reactions: Blender

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Hard for me to understand the Liverpool PK if Trent on Sancho isn’t given without veering into “the crowd was loud after Salah didn’t get a penalty and the ref got scared.”

Half basically sums up Chelsea. Playing well, getting into spaces, but also always vulnerable.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Hard for me to understand the Liverpool PK if Trent on Sancho isn’t given without veering into “the crowd was loud after Salah didn’t get a penalty and the ref got scared.”

Half basically sums up Chelsea. Playing well, getting into spaces, but also always vulnerable.
They also didn’t create much despite their possession. You’d think Liverpool has another gear in the second half. Can’t see Chelsea making their way back from here

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
They also didn’t create much despite their possession. You’d think Liverpool has another gear in the second half. Can’t see Chelsea making their way back from here
They didn’t, because Liverpools CBs are very well structured and Gravenberch is also getting deep. They’re doing well on Trent and Robbo, but not able to really get inside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad