GWT: EPL - Matchweek 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I'm in town now, so I'll actually make a table, even if I'm two weeks ahead. Coming out of the international break, the marquee matchup is the North London Derby on Sunday morning, but we get another London derby when Fulham hosts West Ham.

HomeAwayTime and Date (CT)Venue
SouthamptonManchester UnitedSat., Sept. 14, 6:30 AMSt. Mary's Stadium
LiverpoolNottingham ForestSat., Sept. 14, 9:00 AMAnfield
Manchester CityBrentfordSat., Sept. 14, 9:00 AMThe Etihad
FulhamWest Ham UnitedSat., Sept. 14, 9:00 AMCraven Cottage
Crystal PalaceLeicester CitySat., Sept. 14, 9:00 AMSelhurst Park
Brighton & Hove AlbionIpswich TownSat., Sept. 14, 9:00 AMThe AmEx
Aston VillaEvertonSat., Sept. 14, 11:30 AMVilla Park
BournemouthChelseaSat., Sept. 14, 2:00 PMVitality Stadium
Tottenham HotspurArsenalSun., Sept. 15, 8:00 AMTottenham Hotspur Stadium
Wolverhampton WanderersNewcastle UnitedSun., Sept. 15, 10:30 AMMolineux Stadium

Reactions: maclean

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Oh great, international break and United with the early game. Because those (and later times too) have gone SO WELL in the last 20 years... :rolleyes:

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
No team has ever played a big game with 1 injured starter and 1 suspended starter
That’s exactly what was said, great reading. Anyway, none of the first choice midfield would be available, the backup 8 is stuck at striker because the 9 wouldn’t be available and we’d be on the third choice LB. So I guess four starters and two backups. Which is meaningful when at least two of those players are world class. It’s a bit different Chelsea where you have 5 average players for each position ;)

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Odegaard is the team's heart and soul, and yes it's a weak point to be that reliant on a single player, but the ones that could cover are also unavailable. Very curious how we deal with this and f*** the Nations League :mad:

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Part of me is thinking how cool would it be if they put Nwaneri out there to start, but it's a risk Arteta's not likely to take. Feels more like they'd only put him out there if we were already comfortably ahead, which does not strike me as likely

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
So predictable, Jesus is fine....and Odegaard with a miraculous recovery so far!

It’s just mindgames. Jesus might be on the bench and feature like 20 minutes or something. Norway in hell Ode is in.

Reactions: maclean

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Both Gusto and James are out for tomorrow. I think/guess we'll look something like:

Jackson
Sancho - Palmer - Madueke
Enzo - Caicedo
Cucurella - Colwill - Fofana - Disasi?
Sanchez

Is Disasi third-choice at RB, as well as a backup at CB? Or will Maresca put Cucurella on his off side and put Veiga at LB? Typing it out, the latter actually seems kinda more likely to me.

I think Sancho starts. He was at Cobham the last few weeks. Neto played 90 minutes for Portugal over the break (started both games, came off at half in both, rare Roberto Martinez W), and Felix was also abroad.

Reactions: Blender

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Pedro may be out for Brighton this weekend to rest up from his International work.

Ode looking out for Arsenal as well.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Højlund and Shaw not yet fit to play tomorrow but sounds like could be soon. Ugarte palyed full 90 minuted in Uruguay's last game and should be fit to go, though he only returned on Thursday. Malacia is also training on his own already and is actually on his way to returning.

Last edited:

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
It’s just mindgames. Jesus might be on the bench and feature like 20 minutes or something. Norway in hell Ode is in.

Exactly. The sole tactical advantage we have right now is the mystery of how we are going to set up with our whole midfield missing. May as well murky the waters as much as possible, but no one in their right mind should be fooled

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Nice idea with that, Zirkzee had to stretch too much to be able direct the ball anywhere though.

Amad has looked so much better than Garnacho at the start of the season.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Man Man U is kinda embarrassing

What happened to Rashford? 2 years ago the dude put up like 30+ goals or something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad