GWT: EPL - Matchweek 36 (ft. MW 26)

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Emerson sucked on the left, anyone we could bring on to play there? Maybe switch van de ven to the left and put Drăgușin in? He's got the speed to play the flank and his offensive output can't be worse than what Emerson offered.

He didn't do it to the goalkeeper in the protection area, I see nothing wrong with that.
By rule there's no protection area, although in practice referees often give it that way.

Reactions: bluesfan94

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
he's on a rampage, just got Son too
That was an obvious foul, you lot are just lucky it wasn't in the box.

Still zero shots on goal, Maddison still on the bench. Bissouma has also been dreadful today and we really don't need the skillset of both him and Sarr in a game we have to win to keep even hypothetical chances for the UCL. Ange strikes me as a naive coach.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
That was an obvious foul, you lot are just lucky it wasn't in the box.

Still zero shots on goal, Maddison still on the bench. Bissouma has also been dreadful today and we really don't need the skillset of both him and Sarr in a game we have to win to keep even hypothetical chances for the UCL. Ange strikes me as a naive coach.
I agree that Bissouma should come off. But Maddison has been terrible as of late.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Even a terrible Maddison is still better than anyone else on the field today

Look at Johnson, being completely pocketed by freaking Cucurella

Have you seen Kulusevski today? Son, Porro and Richarlison the only ones with a pulse

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I love that two spurs could have challenged for that header but both decided to instead peel back towards the net so that Jackson didn't have any pressure on him at all.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Fifth Beatle isn't going to help us either. Gil was too physically weak for La Liga, let alone Premier.

ouch ouch.

football refereeing is a common law system and the judicial history of keepers getting extra protection is extensive
He's being intentionally thick, it's his shtick

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Fifth Beatle isn't going to help us either. Gil was too physically weak for La Liga, let alone Premier.

He's being intentionally thick, it's his shtick
The one making up rules might be the one who's thick.
football refereeing is a common law system and the judicial history of keepers getting extra protection is extensive
What can I say, I'm a strict textualist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad