GWT: EPL - Matchweek 27

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
Honestly this is a huge deflection of the actual play that LFC scored on. Nottingham Forrest simply fell apart on that last chance. Nothing to do with Konate head injury and for the record if you want to go there (I assume you have not watched the game). Tierney also stopped an LFC attack for a head injury to Yates from an Harvey Elliott shot just a couple minutes prior and many other times in the game.

Blame the rules about head injuries (Which I don't like either) but Forrest or any team cannot complain about it since it applies for every team in the EPL and they are pretty consistent with it.
The rule states Forest should have been given the ball as we had possession outside the area when the whistle was blown.

In the first half the whistle is blown while forest are clearing the ball from the area, so the ball goes to the keeper. (I think common sense should apply here and where it's clearly going to be recovered by the attacking team the ref should wait for them to gain possession before stopping play)

Pause on that faking talk. It was a clear high boot to the head on Konate. Not only a legit injury but could even have been called back as a red card offense by VAR for stud up to the face.

It also never made sense these talk about konate 'faking' as LFC needed that win with little time to play.
It wasn't watch a replay and you'll see yates is about a yard away from him. Konate's run into by Kelleher and gets up as soon as the whistle was blown, he wasn't injured he stayed down to stop play, as Yates and Van Dijk did in the first half.

A rule change needs to be bought in where if live play is stopped for an 'injury' regardless of whether a physio comes on the player has to go off for 30 seconds the same as they do when the physio comes on, because it's happening far too often in general now.

-----

As for the goal, probably doesn't happen if the referee doesn't screw up, but CHO needs to belt that out of the ground when he picks it up in his own 18 yard box.

Also not surprised they didn't review omamadele being pulled and tripped in the area from same corner that led to the drop ball.

Forest have reached Wolves levels of inexplicable poor decisions against us over the past few weeks

Reactions: GeoRox89

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I didn't see the game but the decision to give Liverpool the ball seems to be being treated as clearly erroneous in the aftermath in a way I would not have anticipated given the dismissive stances of Pool fans here

Reactions: bluesfan94

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The rule states Forest should have been given the ball as we had possession outside the area when the whistle was blown.

In the first half the whistle is blown while forest are clearing the ball from the area, so the ball goes to the keeper. (I think common sense should apply here and where it's clearly going to be recovered by the attacking team the ref should wait for them to gain possession before stopping play)

It wasn't watch a replay and you'll see yates is about a yard away from him. Konate's run into by Kelleher and gets up as soon as the whistle was blown, he wasn't injured he stayed down to stop play, as Yates and Van Dijk did in the first half.

A rule change needs to be bought in where if live play is stopped for an 'injury' regardless of whether a physio comes on the player has to go off for 30 seconds the same as they do when the physio comes on, because it's happening far too often in general now.

-----

As for the goal, probably doesn't happen if the referee doesn't screw up, but CHO needs to belt that out of the ground when he picks it up in his own 18 yard box.

Also not surprised they didn't review omamadele being pulled and tripped in the area from same corner that led to the drop ball.

Forest have reached Wolves levels of inexplicable poor decisions against us over the past few weeks
They reviewed it but decided that because it was away from the ball they could apply the “lol corners in the PL” officiating standard and completely ignore it.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They reviewed it but decided that because it was away from the ball they could apply the “lol corners in the PL” officiating standard and completely ignore it.
Right. Just like they ignored it when Danns got tackled on the Liverpool corner right before it. You call both of those or you call neither of those.

They completely have a reason to be upset.
They have a right to be upset, but it also didn’t directly cost them the game.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Pause on that faking talk. It was a clear high boot to the head on Konate. Not only a legit injury but could even have been called back as a red card offense by VAR for stud up to the face.

It also never made sense these talk about konate 'faking' as LFC needed that win with little time to play.
Nah, the video and other angles make it pretty clear it wasn’t a high boot.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I didn't see the game but the decision to give Liverpool the ball seems to be being treated as clearly erroneous in the aftermath in a way I would not have anticipated given the dismissive stances of Pool fans here
It’s a weird play. Honestly I think Tierney messed up because he blew his whistle too late. I don’t think there is anything malicious, I just thinks he is bad at his job.

Tierney was checking on Konate while the ball was bouncing in the box (if he blows whistle while ball is in box it goes to the goalie); incident happened in box, ball bounced at least twice in the box so the common sense thing is he intended to blow the whistle in the box. But honestly will be interesting to see what Webb/PGMOL say in this, because they are going to have to make a comment now. I would imagine this is what they are going to come up with anyway

But yeah as we’ve been saying for years Tierney is just a bad ref and shouldn’t be near important games; so here we are. Bad ref makes mistake, and people are noticing it because it helped Liverpool instead of hurting them.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
For all the memes, he is genuinely a very very good keeper

Of course he is. It was exactly what he said: 'do you guys think I forgot to play keeper in 6 months?'

Not you at all but way too many EPL fans love to ignore play in other leagues/international and think EPL is the end all be all, especially on badly run clubs.

The guy was incredible at Ajax and Inter. Clearly he can play.

Reactions: JoVel

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Of course he is. It was exactly what he said: 'do you guys think I forgot to play keeper in 6 months?'

Not you at all but way too many EPL fans love to ignore play in other leagues/international and think EPL is the end all be all, especially on badly run clubs.

The guy was incredible at Ajax and Inter. Clearly he can play.
Well and it's also funny because he's actually been lights out in the Premier League. The high profile mistakes were all in the UCL.

And hey what are you saying about badly run clubs now!

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad