GWT: EPL - Matchweek 24

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Actually I'm not sure if that's true, maybe games played decides before goal difference. Still, catching up on GD can't hurt in a race this close

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Actually I'm not sure if that's true, maybe games played decides before goal difference. Still, catching up on GD can't hurt in a race this close
Games played doesn't impact standings since standings don't have any true meaning when teams haven't played the same number of games. So currently City are ahead since they're level on points and GD, and the third tie breaker is goals scored where City has a 56-53 advantage.

If you had a situation where two teams were tied for a place at the end of the season and for some reason one was completely unable to play 38 games due to reasons, either the missed game wouldn't impact anything or else it would have to be a special rule the PL adopted for that specific situation to resolve it.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Kalvin Phillips really ruined his career going to Manchester City.
Kalvin Phillips ruined his career by arriving to Man City out of shape

It's GD first. GP isn't a factor because it will never matter in the end
After what happened in the early 2010s, I would never tell a team to sleep on GD. Run that shit up if you can. Honestly never really thought about GD for the first decade I was watching, but margins are so thin now. That stuff matters

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I guess the good thing about throwing the league early is it gives us a chance to recover. Still figure we're only third most likely to win, but it's nice to have some form back and be in the conversation instead of steadily drifting downwards

Reactions: robertmac43

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad