Rumor: Enroth to the leafs?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

lo2r234AP

Nov 29, 2013
Definitely a better option than trading for a guy, especially after dumping Bernier for virtually nothing and so far not even using his capspace I dont believe.

They didn't dump bernier for nothing. He was part of the Anderson deal. It only happened afterwards because Bernier was due a bonus (2M i believe) just before the Bernier trade and Anaheim didnt want to pay it.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
If this happens, it will probably be a two-year contract because of the expansion draft. Every team has to expose one goaltender signed to a contract for the 17-18 season, and the only goalie that currently fulfills that requirement for the Leafs is Andersen (and Kaskisuo, who is exempt and therefore likely can't be exposed), who they don't want to expose. Enroth probably doesn't mind having a guaranteed NHL salary for two years as well.

This.

2 year deal at 1-1.5M

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
The best goalie available. Being saying I hope we sign him since the Bernier trade.

Would be a great move

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If this happens, it will probably be a two-year contract because of the expansion draft. Every team has to expose one goaltender signed to a contract for the 17-18 season, and the only goalie that currently fulfills that requirement for the Leafs is Andersen (and Kaskisuo, who is exempt and therefore likely can't be exposed), who they don't want to expose. Enroth probably doesn't mind having a guaranteed NHL salary for two years as well.

Sparks

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Enorth isn't very good, but Sparks is terribad.

He'd probably be the worst goaltender in the NHL for my money, if he played like he did last year.

Especially with Lindback looking like he isn't gonna be in the league anymore and Ray Emery long gone.

Sparks was fine. He got injured and Toronto rushed him back to get him playing as many games as possible for the tank and to get the 70 game pre-requisite so they can expose him in the expansion draft.

Unless they're signing Enroth to a multi-year deal.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Would like to see a better source than a report out of Sweden but if this does happen I am all for it.

I said that our goaltending needed to be gutted and completely revamped and it has been which is fantastic.

My only concern is his size he is on the small size which means he will leave more room for shooters

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Sparks was fine. He got injured and Toronto rushed him back to get him playing as many games as possible for the tank and to get the 70 game pre-requisite so they can expose him in the expansion draft.

Unless they're signing Enroth to a multi-year deal.

No sparks was not fine, he certainly wasn't the problem

But you can't put a positive spin on 3.02 GAA 893 save% that's awful no matter how you see that

There is a reason Enroth looks like he will be our backup it's because Sparks wasn't good enough he clearly isn't ready.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia

He'd probably be the worst goaltender in the NHL for my money, if he played like he did last year.

Especially with Lindback looking like he isn't gonna be in the league anymore and Ray Emery long gone.

Would you expect more from a 22 year old goalie

TMLeafs18

Aug 7, 2015
Canada
The only reason this seems odd is because they didn't like how small Bernier was in net. So the got a huge monster in Anderson and then get one of the smallest if not the smallest goalies in Enroth to back him up? Anyways I'm happy with it makes a lot more sense then trading assets for a backup

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

ummm hiller had a 3.51gaa/.879sv% last year. stalock and mcelhinney were also much worse. a bit quick to jump on a 22 year old kid who got thrown onto the worst team in the league minus many vets, at least in my opinion

Last edited:

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Hurts the tank so I hate it but the Leafs are much better for it.

there wont be a tank next year. leafs wont even be in the bottom 5.
as witnessed with buffalo and zona, your team gets a lot better when you mix in some talented young players

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
The only reason this seems odd is because they didn't like how small Bernier was in net. So the got a huge monster in Anderson and then get one of the smallest if not the smallest goalies in Enroth to back him up? Anyways I'm happy with it makes a lot more sense then trading assets for a backup

I think size was far down in their concern.
There is a YouTube video on Bad Goals Bernier, is there one for Enroth?

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Frederik Andersen
Jhonas Enroth
Joseph Woll (college)
Antoine Bibeau
Garret Sparks
Kasimir Kaskisuo

TheMapleLaughs

Sep 12, 2012
Toronto
If Enroth were to sign, this wouldn't still be the best goalie tandem the Leafs have had in forever.. Pretty sad to say but I would take Enroth over Scrievens any day.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
No sparks was not fine, he certainly wasn't the problem

But you can't put a positive spin on 3.02 GAA 893 save% that's awful no matter how you see that

There is a reason Enroth looks like he will be our backup it's because Sparks wasn't good enough he clearly isn't ready.

Sparks first year NHL numbers are better than Enroths...just saying.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Sparks first year NHL numbers are better than Enroths...just saying.

I'm just going to copy my response to you from the Leafs board. You are comparing Sparks first season to Enroth's first game...

His first season with more than 1 game played, he already performed as a decent backup. Since then he has 3 seasons of being among the best backups in the league, 2 seasons of more average backup play and one bad season where he was played as a starter and struggled.

And his first season he put up close to .910, while Sparks had somewhere near .890.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
ummm hiller had a 3.51gaa/.979sv% last year. stalock and mcelhinney were also much worse. a bit quick to jump on a 22 year old kid who got thrown onto the worst team in the league minus many vets, at least in my opinion

3.51 GAA and .979 sv% huh? Impressive ;)

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Be a lot less concerned if Carter Hart was in that depth chart

Goalies are unpredictable. Neither Hart or Woll are can't miss blue chip prospects. Some guy picked in the 7th round is just as much likely to be a top goalie than Hart or Woll.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad