Confirmed with Link: Ennis on buyout waivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Well at least they finally did something.

Not a fan of this move, currently. Send him to the in the AHL and save the $1m and just be done with him after that. I'm really tired of dead cap.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
So Cooke, Vanek, Gilbert, Ennis. Did I miss anyone? Pretty high rate of acquiring players just to say: actually, this guy isn't very good at hockey, can I have some more money, Craig?

Congrats to the New Jersey Devils on the newest member of your braintrust.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
So Cooke, Vanek, Gilbert, Ennis. Did I miss anyone? Pretty high rate of acquiring players just to say: actually, this guy isn't very good at hockey, can I have some more money, Craig?

Congrats to the New Jersey Devils on the newest member of your braintrust.
Fletcher's UFA acquisitions were such hit or miss.

Parise (debatable obviously), Suter, and Staal.

Then a whole lot of nothing. I can't find another one that I would consider good.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Fletcher's UFA acquisitions were such hit or miss.

Parise (debatable obviously), Suter, and Staal.

Then a whole lot of nothing. I can't find another one that I would consider good.

Stewie wasn't bad, for the price. You forgot Spurgeon as a UFA. Vanek was good player, just an awful fit with Yeo.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Can Cullen be considered a good signing, he falls into the meh category for me? He wasn't good most of the season, but played well at the end of the season at least.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Totally forgot about "Three or More" playing for the Wild. But I agree with @Digitalbooya that Cullen was not really a great add either. Too bad it didn't work out but it's also ridiculous what he gave up for Hanzal when he was willing to settle for late vintage Cullen.

At least he didn't re-sign Hanzal or Mouslon after getting them at the TDL.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Zanon, Spurgeon, Havlat, Prosser, Theodore, Fontaine, Folin, Carter, Reilly, Stewart, Winnik.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Yeah, I forgot Spurgeon, but I'm still not seeing anyone else that made a big impact.

Anyway, the Ennis buyout at least encourages a "hockey trade" instead of devaluing one of our other assets.

Reactions: FVM and 2Pair

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
IIRC. He was a fair deal the first time, those Wild teams were so bad I dunno if it was a good signing or not. He played 2C when he should have been a 3C on a good team, correct?
Pretty much. I would still consider Cullen a good signing. Both times.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I really tried to be optimistic when we got Ennis, but the dude just wasn't very good.

Wish him well, but this is the right move.

I tried to be realistic when they got him. At least I wasn't disappointed, right? :pullhair:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I do hope that Spurgeon doesn't tweak a muscle opening all those water bottles out of frustration that his bff is gone. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad