Waived: Engvall, Fasching, Foudy, Karlstrom, Bolduc, Hutton, Hogberg, Skarek

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

Chockey22

Jul 12, 2022
Not sure if anyone will claim either Bolduc or Engvall, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they are claimed. One thing I am certain of, it will be no big loss in either case.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Engvall’s contract will go down as one of the worst in Islanders history if he’s no longer with the big club. Was a bad signing then and even a worse signing now. Displeased with his timid play both Roy and Lamiorello may be sending a message to Engvall. Don’t care how much you make learn to sacrifice your body for the team or don’t play at all.

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Engvall’s contract will go down as one of the worst in Islanders history if he’s no longer with the big club. Was a bad signing then and even a worse signing now. Displeased with his timid play both Roy and Lamiorello may be sending a message to Engvall. Don’t care how much you make learn to sacrifice your body for the team or don’t play at all.
I’m surprised by the Engvall waiving. Not because it’s unwarranted but because it’s an admission by Lou that his long term contract was a mistake.

Engvall is still the same soft player he was before and since the deal was inked. In fact, one could argue that he exceeded his low bar of expectations in last season’s playoffs.

Last edited:

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Bolduc looked improved but Cho was the better option. Bolduc still shows panic in his game that needs to change. Surprised Wahlstrom still not waived. Don't get the love, its almost like MDC, wait he will come around and never does
Looks like they are seeing if Wally can reshape his game into a 3rd/4th line grinder type with some offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad