Prospect Info: Emil Heineman

Trenbohabs

Sep 25, 2024
I didn't know it's Armia and Newhook causing Dach to turn over the puck constantly, even on the PP unit where Armia and Newhook aren't part of.

I'm bullish on Dach, but he's been not good. He's constantly forcing passes, a step behind, and gassed. It's normal, he hasnt played in a year.
Hockey at the NHL level is played as a unit, finding space before the puck arrives. If you play with 2 dummies who cant anticipate the play and be in the free space, you cant do shit and you will look bad. Just like a top D man would look bad with a terrible D man that he has to cover all game.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Evans wont be affordable next year and he'll be 29. It is my opinion that at the TDL it will be the time to move on from Evans. Newhook is imo better at center than on the wing. Kapanen is a good center.

Caufield-Suzuki-Slaf
Laine-Dach-Demidov
Heineman-Newhook-Gallagher
Pazetta-Kapanen-Anderson
Beck
Roy
Mesar
Tuch
Davidson
Xhekaj

There really is no reason to extend Evans imo
Why won't Evans be affordable next year. The fact that he's 29 works against him, when he was 26 and coming off 13 goals and 29 points in 72 games as a sophmore he was getting paid in part because of his potential. Now at 29 where he still hasn't hit 30 points, his goal scoring is only half of what it was back then there's little chance he'd get any kind of significant raise even as a UFA.

As to whether there's room for him, it's too early to tell right now. We really don't know how long most of those guys will take to be NHL ready, and odds are high at least some probably never will be.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Why won't Evans be affordable next year. The fact that he's 29 works against him, when he was 26 and coming off 13 goals and 29 points in 72 games as a sophmore he was getting paid in part because of his potential. Now at 29 where he still hasn't hit 30 points, his goal scoring is only half of what it was back then there's little chance he'd get any kind of significant raise even as a UFA.

As to whether there's room for him, it's too early to tell right now. We really don't know how long most of those guys will take to be NHL ready, and odds are high at least some probably never will be.
Because he will want to get paid like everyone else? At 29 it's likely his last "lucrative" contract. We had the same discussion in 2020 when i was advocating to sell at least one player at the TDL 2020. I said back then that Danault, Gallagher and Petry would want to get paid and they did.

None of them signed a team friendly contract. Danault tested the market and got the most he could. Gallagher signed an unmovable contract most would consider one of the worst in the league and we had to retain on Petry to move him. I expected Petry to be a bit more greedy and ask for 6.5+ millions but he was just 250 000k off.

I will be very surprised if Evans sign a contract under 2.5 millions for 4 years before july 1st and i would not be the one signing that contract that's certain.

Last edited:

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Because he will want to get paid like everyone else? At 29 it's likely his last "lucrative" contract. We had the same discussion in 2020 when i was advocating to sell at least one player at the TDL 2020. I said back then that Danault, Gallagher and Petry would want to get paid and they did.

None of them signed a team friendly contract. Danault tested the market and got the most he could. Gallagher signed an unmovable contract most would consider one of the worst in the league and we had to retain on Petry to move him. I expected Petry to be a bit more greedy and ask for 6.5+ millions but he was just 250 000k off.

I will be very surprised if Evans sign a contract under 2.5 millions for 4 years before july 1st and i would not be the one signing that contract that's certain.
I think he wants to get paid and he'll be after term more then dollars tbh, but I also agree with the other poster that he's not getting a lot

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Last year he got off to a hot start but then he struggled with consistency in the 2nd half. but then finished out the last few weeks strong with 7 pts in 8 games.

so his season breaks down,

1 pt in 2 games (injured - out 6 wks),

then has 14 pts in 16 games after return from injury,

after that he struggles with just 7 pts in the next 22 games

then 7 pts in the final 8 games of season.

He ended up with 15 goals, 29 pts in 48 games.

bonneaug

Aug 2, 2017
2 goals in 3 games for Heiny , young man's been grinding our training camps for a few years now and is finally showing what he can do , happy for him ,hope he can keep it up

It's a great story. He was part of the rookie camp too, some people here were claiming it an insult, a major setback.

Hopefully he keeps on the good work and Anderson takes a note or two

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013

Wanting to get paid is meaningless, it requires a team willing to pay and I very much doubt even as a UFA on July 1st any team is going to be offering a 4th liner who isn't physical and whose never hit 30 points over 2.5m on a 4 year deal. The 3 guys you mentioned were at the time significant contributors to the team, they had leverage which is something 4th liners generally don't have and unless Evans has a career year for the ages he won't have leverage to ask for a significant raise on a 4 year deal.

knuck

On and off fan
Sponsor
Mar 26, 2006
Châteauguay
Because he will want to get paid like everyone else? At 29 it's likely his last "lucrative" contract.

I know it's relative and all but seeing this word between double quotes pisses me off (im not blaming you lol). 1.7m a year and he's considered poor by pro athlete standards?

I make 1/17th of that and I'm considered above average. This is infuriating

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad