Emergence of Other Offensive D-man and Erik Karlsson

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
I was floored. Don't think anyone else in the game would have done that, although some players can...there's a good chance they wouldn't have tried.

The plays he makes to turn the team back on offense are impossible to ignore and impact the game greatly. He's like a defensive back in the neutral zone waiting for a pick-6.

Not to mention, team in general is fast...they look like a swarm of bees but with structure. We haven't played anyone good yet but it's encouraging to see them dictate their style against what I assume to be lesser opponents.

We've played good but we didn't score as much as we should have.

KA BLAMO

Aug 18, 2008
True, although the sample size of the pair in 2 games has been revealing, it will be interesting to see how Florida handle's the development of their recent draft acquisitions, the Russian factor has already made an appearance in his career early this season as well.

Because he didn't have a contract with the Panthers at first and missed 1 game? The "Russian Factor" in Benn, Subban and O'Reilly must be incredibly high...

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
We should start to agree with the rest of HFboards, EK is a 4th forward.

And they should admit that the Sens have an unfair advantage because he is a 4th forward while also playing at defense.

He is worth 2 players when he is on the ice.

Indeed. He is becoming more and more comfortable rushing up the ice. 4th forward should be taken as a compliment though.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I was his biggest critic for a long time but he really has become one of the best players in the league.

I would say he's the best player on Ottawa now.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
He's playing a different game out there. He's not the best player on the team, he's already the best player to ever lace up a pair of skates for the Sens.
IMO whatever list you put together for the top few players in the league - Karlsson is on that list.

Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Karlsson. (no particular order and im not going to tell you he's better than those guys but he's in that group)

he's simply ridiculous.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Theodore had most of the net covered. He moved while Karlsson was shooting. He guessed wrong.

That play was sick though. I can't believe he was able to get to the net that fast.

It's one thing to pick off a pass and get a break when you are in full stride, but to pick off a pass, wait for a guy to get onside, still beat three defenders and shoot where a guy used to be...

That's genius.

Karlsson IS one of the best players in the league. He deserves to be in any conversation that includes Crosby and Malkin.

Glad to see other Sens fans thinking that way as I have already been on that bandwagon since the end of the playoffs. Even Nicky "Scambled Eggs" Kypreos said he is one of the best players in the league in last night's broadcast.

Toews and them are great, but not on the same league as Crosby, Malkin, and Karlsson in terms of game breaking abilities. Pure awesomeness these three guys, and it's a pity that Ovie is a shade of his former self for some inexplicable reason when he should be just about reaching his prime.

Good times to be a hockey fan. Haters are gonna hate.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
How can anyone hate karlsson?
if you hate Karlsson you either a Predators fan or dont like hockey.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
How can anyone hate karlsson?
if you hate Karlsson you either a Predators fan or dont like hockey.

Shows how much you lurk around the board these days. It's the STL fans that absolutely hate Karlsson and always find a way to get into Karlsson discussion to say how Pie is the greatest thing since interweb.

Dysentery

Ottawa Senators
Sep 14, 2011
New Brunswick
Shows how much you lurk around the board these days. It's the STL fans that absolutely hate Karlsson and always find a way to get into Karlsson discussion to say how Pie is the greatest thing since interweb.

Ive noticed Bruins and Wings fans as well, those 2 teams think they own the Norris..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad