Embellishment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vikingstad

**** the King
May 1, 2011
Vancouver
After Tkachuk got his embellishment penalty in game 5 the announcers mentioned that this was his second embellishment of the series.

Didn't the NHL use to fine players for repeated offences? I'm not sure but I faintly recall something like that. It's the only way to really crack down and publicly shame this kind of behaviour anyways.

Thoughts?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
After Tkachuk got his embellishment penalty in game 5 the announcers mentioned that this was his second embellishment of the series.

Didn't the NHL use to fine players for repeated offences? I'm not sure but I faintly recall something like that. It's the only way to really crack down and publicly shame this kind of behaviour anyways.

Thoughts?
Only way to crack down is stop calling the "infraction" and start calling only the embellishment. If there's an actual consequence to embellishing and you're risking going short handed to try to draw a call players will stop doing it so often.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I don't even think it was anything fake. His balance was thrown off and he's not the greatest skater and tripped. I hate embellishment penalties. 99% of the time there's no embellishment and the ref is making a subjective assumption. If there wasn't a significant hold, or trip or hook or whatever then leave it at that. Having played the game at a fairly high level there were times my balance was thrown off and it may have looked like an embellishment while other times a herd of elephants couldn't take me down.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Only way to crack down is stop calling the "infraction" and start calling only the embellishment. If there's an actual consequence to embellishing and you're risking going short handed to try to draw a call players will stop doing it so often.
A lot of times both are correct calls. The best way to stop it is if you're caught doing it twice you're given a game misconduct.

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Nah. Infractions shouldn't get negated by embellishing. Assuming it was a legitimate infraction.

They should be offsetting minors in that case.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Tkachuk is an easy player to hate - and yes he dives/embelishes a lot. And he talks a lot of smack, and he did before game 5 saying they would win.

But I have to admit, after Panthers were down 0-3, he played great, was buzzing constantly, got the comeback going, etc. I was really impressed with his game.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Tkachuk is an easy player to hate - and yes he dives/embelishes a lot. And he talks a lot of smack, and he did before game 5 saying they would win.

But I have to admit, after Panthers were down 0-3, he played great, was buzzing constantly, got the comeback going, etc. I was really impressed with his game.
Yes, and he showed effort on the empty net goal, diving to save it. Compare to Ekman-Larsson who was pond skating and wasn't even trying to prevent McDavid from scoring. Toxic attitude and guys like this are what poison a locker room.

Reactions: Tofveve
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad