Eller already in the doghouse?

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Sounds more like Therrien's mixing up a few lines. It says Chuck is on a trio with Galla and Prust. While Eller is on an uncommon (as in new?) trio. That's what I got. Doubt Therrien would bench Eller after one game.

Then again, maybe...

Halifaxhab*

Doen't mean he is in the doghouse, coach is trying out different line combos

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Marc Antoine Godin ‏@MAGodin

Am i reading this right?

Well, it's not even game day, so I think we shouldn't get our panties in a bunch, but I really hope Therrien is not that stupid, altough his use of Bouillon last game makes me worried.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Again, it's not confirmed that Eller is sitting, but if he is, I might lose my ****.

Dan Kramer ‏@DanKramerHabs
Don't think #Habs Lars Eller did anything to warrant sitting. But #CH seem to want to give Gallagher a game. Worth a shot. #gohabsgo

Never mind sitting Armstrong or White, sit Eller! If true, Therrien has made a big error . Hopefully this is just another issue (perhaps health), and not a sign that Eller will be missing ice time.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Marc Antoine Godin ‏@MAGodin

Am i reading this right?

very unfortunate...

it's not the end of the world, obviously, but I don't get how a coach on the one hand says he needs to see a "breakthrough" season from a young player, and then on the other hand juggles him out of the top-9 after 1 game (and a short camp).

I didn't see the game, but from the descriptions I've read, Eller was certainly not the only habs top-9 fwd who underwhelmed, couldn't he get at least a few games in a regular role (in games & in practice) to at least give him a shot at performing consistently?

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Eller will not sit, calm down people. But he should play a lot better. Last year you could feel sometimes he'd become a great 2 way center, some other times he was completely useless.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Even if these aren't the lines that are going to be used for tomorrow's game this still makes zero sense, the players need to practice together to gain some chemistry which all 4 lines lacked on Saturday.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
I like Eller, but the way he's vastly overrated on these boards is making it hard to. If he sits he sits.

I hope Gallagher gets a go tomorrow night. I think he could bring a bit of desperately needed offensive spark and surprise quite a few people.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Jessica Rusnak ‏@JessRusnak
#habs line changes bourque w/ pleks & Gio. Galchenyuk C 3rd line w/ Prust & Gallagher. Moen,white,arms looks to be 4th.1st line stays same

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Someone mentioned they are rotating Eller on the third line, but with whom I don't know. Most likely armdog or White..

I do like the 4th line though (or third? ^), and finally, Gally at center. I won't complain too much because of this even though I am not happy about Eller possibly sitting.

So basically, Galchenyuk took Eller's spot, and they re-invented the third line.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Fans better get used to it. Therrien likes his hard working grinders.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Am I the only one thinking that Desharnais played like crap saturday ? I like that Gally is playing center in practice, and especially like that Gallagher is playing with him, and Prust too, but Eller playing with Blunden, that I don't like, especially since I thought he wasn't as bad as Desharnais...

But yeah, whatever helps getting a better pick...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad