Value of: Elias Pettersson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
He's Seguin 2.0 IMO. Looks like he will never figure it out here and needs a new team to figure it out. His effect level this season has been atrocious and is unacceptable on any team in the league

Ideal offer includes
Young Top 6 C/ Young Top 4 Dman
some kind of "cap dump" A useful player but isnt worth his cap or is a pending UFA in the next couple of years
Picks/Prospects

Example

Van
Nico Hischer
Seversson
2nd

For

NJD
Petey

Or

Tolvanen
Sissons
Fabbro

for

Petey

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
He’s coming off missing the 2nd half of last year and training camp. Of course he’s having a slow start. He’s not a player you sell low on he’s 22 years old lmao. Almost everyone would get moved prior to him.

Reactions: TML1990 and gianni

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007
He's already shown what he can do. His previous success wasn't some flash in the pan. He's just a shell of himself currently. Considering the state of the franchise right now you've got to assume that has something to do with his abysmal play and effort.

Pettersson is not a guy you sell low on. That's ridiculous. Ride him out and hope he regains form or trade him when he figures it out. Unloading a struggling Pettersson at his all time low for a project prospect and a top 4 defenseman is such a Benning thing to do.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
He's Seguin 2.0 IMO. Looks like he will never figure it out here and needs a new team to figure it out. His effect level this season has been atrocious and is unacceptable on any team in the league

Ideal offer includes
Young Top 6 C/ Young Top 4 Dman
some kind of "cap dump" A useful player but isnt worth his cap or is a pending UFA in the next couple of years
Picks/Prospects

Example

Van
Nico Hischer
Seversson
2nd

For

NJD
Petey

Or

Tolvanen
Sissons
Fabbro

for

Petey
Also…that NJD offer is waaaay better than the Preds one

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
From Columbus I'd consider something around:

Boqvist + Marchenko or maybe Boqvist + Roslovic

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
To New York: Pettersson

To Vancouver: Barzal

Close to the same age... play the same position... similar cap hit... both are averaging just .5 PPG this season... Barzal is from Vancouver

I'm kinda surprised this one hasn't been talked about more as a possibility...

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
From Columbus I'd consider something around:

Boqvist + Marchenko or maybe Boqvist + Roslovic

Roslovic is a local kid, so I doubt they move him...

Also, Boqvist hasn't shown anything at the NHL level that suggest he's likely to live up to the potential he had a few years ago that warranted his selection in the lottery

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
If Columbus is going to go all-in, they may as well go all-in...

To Columbus: Pettersson (50% retained), Miller (50% retained), Boeser, Myers (50% retained)

To Vancouver: 2022 1st, CHI's 2022 1st, 2022 2nd, Kent Johnson, Texier, Chinakhov, Boqvist, Nyquist, Harrington

Did I just make the Blue Jackets the Stanley Cup favorites? Yep!

Vancouver add a couple of 2022 1st rd picks, 4 young players with varying upside and potential, and it opens up approx. 10 million or so in cap space

Possible Blue Jackets lineup:

Laine - Pettersson - Voracek
Miller - Sillinger - Bjorkstrand
Jenner - Roslovic - Domi
Robinson - Kuraly - Boeser

Werenski - Bean
Gavrikov - Myers
Bayreuther/Carlsson - Peake

Merzlikins

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
To New York: Pettersson

To Vancouver: Barzal

Close to the same age... play the same position... similar cap hit... both are averaging just .5 PPG this season... Barzal is from Vancouver

I'm kinda surprised this one hasn't been talked about more as a possibility...

I'm not surprised. Barzal is carrying a weak line on an injury-depleted team. Pettersson is just bad right now.

Isles wouldn't consider it unless they opt for a mini-retool. They still plan on competing with the core they have.

Roslovic is a local kid, so I doubt they move him...

Also, Boqvist hasn't shown anything at the NHL level that suggest he's likely to live up to the potential he had a few years ago that warranted his selection in the lottery

Columbus also has Kuraly and Sillinger as centers from Columbus, they can afford to trade one for a guy who might rebound to an elite level. I'm not saying Boqvist is great but he's 21 and is likely going to play as a top 4 RD for a lot of years. Canucks don't have that.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
If Columbus is going to go all-in, they may as well go all-in...

To Columbus: Pettersson, Myers, Miller (50% retained), Halak

To Vancouver: 2022 1st, CHI's 2022 1st, Kent Johnson, Texier, Chinakhov, Boqvist, Harrington, Korpisalo

Did I just make the Blue Jackets the Stanley Cup favorites? Yep!

Vancouver add a couple of 2022 1st rd picks, 4 young players of varying upside and potential, plus a whole lotta cap space!

Lol no you didn't.

Texier and Chinakhov are good at their jobs right now, Pettersson isn't. J.T. Miller would be nice. But if they were loading up they would just get Miller and ignore Pettersson (who needs a lot of time to turn it around) and Myers (who they don't need).

Kent Johnson and Chicago's 1st? Farcical. I can see you might have been tongue-in-cheek on this one.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Lol no you didn't.

Texier and Chinakhov are good at their jobs right now, Pettersson isn't. J.T. Miller would be nice. But if they were loading up they would just get Miller and ignore Pettersson (who needs a lot of time to turn it around) and Myers (who they don't need).

Kent Johnson and Chicago's 1st? Farcical. I can see you might have been tongue-in-cheek on this one.

I sure did!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad