Player Discussion Elias Pettersson Talk | Also Chiropractors, the Medical Staff, and You

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
"people" being 2-3 posters here who just plainly don't like him. Which is their right, he's definitely got some quirks, but psychologically it must be hard to dislike one of your team's star players so much. Also, pretty sad to use the worst of this market's toxic behaviour to justify your own.

sure i'm not tarring everyone with the same brush. i just think there are some posters who -- charitably -- are inconsistent in the standards to which they hold different players

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
when pettersson was successful people talked about how cerebral and even keeled he was and how he had icy determination. he acts exactly the same now but because he's not putting up points people read it as him being a sulky manchild who's bitter he's stuck in vancouver
I'm not so sure that he is acting exactly the same now. I think early on in his NHL career we saw some Datsyuk in him where he was able to play a pressure game all over the ice. He got away from that over the years. Last year at the beginning of the season we saw him playing a type of physical game that we didn't see from him before.

I think the sulky manchild stuff just comes from a certain poster here or two. I agree that it's not nice to demean others like so and have spoken out in the past about these things but not enough people care.

From my perspective, I think criticism of Petey is warranted. My instinct is to direct criticism somewhere while discussing solutions. I also try to be fair. We've all seen what Petey is capable of. If he's suffering from minor nagging injury then he needs to find a way to produce. Assuming that we're not dealing with a player who has lost a step and declined, I'm having trouble finding an excuse for Petey's poor play and production. Part of a player's value is in their ability to stay healthy and perform while playing hurt because virtually no player is going to go through the season 100% healthy. Boeser, for example, scored goals in the playoffs with a broken finger. I am 99% sure Petey has played hurt in the past and produced.

If he's injured to the point that is causing him to play poorly I think the team should shut him down given that he's not effective. Protect your arguably your 2nd most mportant asset here. If it's a matter of geting him going, there are traditional ways like playing him until he figures it out, reuniting the Lotto Line, or playing him with someone who might spark his play (which Tocchet did playing Petey with Garland).

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
miller's body language is still horrific it's just been recontextualized with his success as him being a passionate leader who wears his heart on his sleeve and leaves it all on the ice

when pettersson was successful people talked about how cerebral and even keeled he was and how he had icy determination. he acts exactly the same now but because he's not putting up points people read it as him being a sulky manchild who's bitter he's stuck in vancouver
This is a great observation.

Is life just a series of Rorschach tests and then we die?

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
I'm not so sure that he is acting exactly the same now. I think early on in his NHL career we saw some Datsyuk in him where he was able to play a pressure game all over the ice. He got away from that over the years. Last year at the beginning of the season we saw him playing a type of physical game that we didn't see from him before.

i wasn't saying he was playing the same just that his demeanour and body language hasn't really changed since the period he was putting up 100 points

Reactions: LemonSauceD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad