Player Discussion Elias Pettersson Talk | Also Chiropractors, the Medical Staff, and You

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Yes. We know already that this is something you are incompetent to comment on.

We all know. You can now stop.

Or

You can educate your self on his type of injury.

You are incompetent to comment on this because you're so blinded by your biases.

You've decided that the team, the coaches, and the medical staff (and the player himself who hasn't really used this as an excuse) are all a bunch of f***ing morons who got everything wrong and that you, with zero actual information a half a world away are the genius keyboard MD expert who knows exactly what's happening. It's absurd.

You have zero evidence that this is a serious injury. You have zero evidence that the staff mishandled it. You're basically just inventing all of this out of your own ass because you can't accept that your favourite player might have significant flaws that are hurting this team.

I know what knee tendinitis is. I also know that knee tendinitis doesn't get to excuse 40+ games of hockey at this level. Doubly so when the player has done this exact same before when not injured.

Wtf... so you are critical of Boesers 2023-24 season too... this is wild.

But at least its here for everyone to see now.

Jesus Christ, man.

I didn't present any opinion of Boeser's 23-24 season. I said that *the team's actual bloody GM* literally called out Boeser's compete level for the final 30+ games of the season. Said he got complacent. Said he should have got to 50 goals.

If the Vancouver Canucks and their management think that Boeser had a compete problem during his 40-goal career year, isn't it possible that *maybe* the people criticizing his compete level when he was sucking ass to 20-goal seasons had a point?

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
You are incompetent to comment on this because you're so blinded by your biases.
Its your bias or ignorance
You've decided that the team, the coaches, and the medical staff (and the player himself who hasn't really used this as an excuse) are all a bunch of f***ing morons who got everything wrong and that you, with zero actual information a half a world away are the genius keyboard MD expert who knows exactly what's happening. It's absurd.
The medical staff is obvioisly ass. You are probably the last person on the planet unaware of this.

They are the once informing coaches and advicing Pettersson.

UNDERSTAND THIS NEXT PART NOW. REPEAT IT 15 TIMES IF YOU NEED TO:

HOCKEY PLAYERS WILL ATTEMPT TO PLAY THROUGH ALL INJURIES IF GIVEN THE GO BY THE MANAGEMENT THE COACH AND THE MEDICAL STAFF.
You have zero evidence that this is a serious injury. You have zero evidence that the staff mishandled it. You're basically just inventing all of this out of your own ass because you can't accept that your favourite player might have significant flaws that are hurting this team.

I know what knee tendinitis is. I also know that knee tendinitis doesn't get to excuse 40+ games of hockey at this level. Doubly so when the player has done this exact same before when not injured.
Unless he had MS's magical alternative knee tendinitis we know perfectly well how his injury progressed.

Maybe he had your special version of tendinitis? Magic tendinitis that feels yummy and neat.
Jesus Christ, man.

I didn't present any opinion of Boeser's 23-24 season. I said that *the team's actual bloody GM* literally called out Boeser's compete level for the final 30+ games of the season. Said he got complacent. Said he should have got to 50 goals.

If the Vancouver Canucks and their management think that Boeser had a compete problem during his 40-goal career year, isn't it possible that *maybe* the people criticizing his compete level when he was sucking ass to 20-goal seasons had a point?
Only reason you view Alvins comment like that is because of your burning hatred of the player.

He is pushing Boeser and also setting up for the contract negotiation.

Seriously.

For once in your life admit when you get shit wrong.

Boesers situation at home and his injuries is what OBVIOUSLY caused his head not to be right. Situation at home came to a unfortunate conclusion and whopsie daisie Boeser is back on track as a 1st line player.

You wanted to dismiss that fact for years.

• Wow
Reactions: Coffee

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Its your bias or ignorance

The medical staff is obvioisly ass. You are probably the last person on the planet unaware of this.

They are the once informing coaches and advicing Pettersson.

UNDERSTAND THIS NEXT PART NOW. REPEAT IT 15 TIMES IF YOU NEED TO:

HOCKEY PLAYERS WILL ATTEMPT TO PLAY THROUGH ALL INJURIES IF GIVEN THE GO BY THE MANAGEMENT THE COACH AND THE MEDICAL STAFF.

Unless he had MS's magical alternative knee tendinitis we know perfectly well how his injury progressed.

Maybe he had your special version of tendinitis? Magic tendinitis that feels yummy and neat.

Dude, take a pill.

You don't know shit about what happened and you're inventing scenarios with zero evidence to try and excuse the play of Pettersson.

Only reason you view Alvins comment like that is because of your burning hatred of the player.

He is pushing Boeser and also setting up for the contract negotiation.

Seriously.

For once in your life admit when you get shit wrong.

Boesers situation at home and his injuries is what OBVIOUSLY caused his head not to be right. Situation at home came to a unfortunate conclusion and whopsie daisie Boeser is back on track as a 1st line player.

You wanted to dismiss that fact for years.

Why was his head not right for the last 30 games of last year, to the extent he was called out by the GM for it?

Why do they feel the need to 'push' Boeser?

Like, f*** me. This is elementary stuff.

Boeser has compete level issues. He had them when he was sucking, and he still had them last year when he 'got complacent' after his good start.

• Haha
Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
I know.

I work in physio.

Ive worked with finnish NHL players.

Ive workd with people with all sorts of tendinitis.

Maybe he had magick tendinitis that behaves differently? I see no reason to believe that. Quite the opposite. His skating stride looked labored. His first steps slower.

MS wants to atribute this to Pettersson not caring. To me that is highly unlikely. Those personalities dont make it to the NHL.
You don't know though. That's the reality. I could sit here and pretend to know because I actually have diagnosed patellar tendinitis with MRIs to prove it. But the reality is, I don't know either. Because everyone is affected differently by different injuries, and each injury is unique in and of itself. And in the case of patellar tendinitis, it is an injury that widely differs in severity and symptoms. So you can't draw conclusions just given the fact Pettersson has patellar tendinitis since we have no idea what his symptoms are.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Dude, take a pill.

You don't know shit about what happened and you're inventing scenarios with zero evidence to try and excuse the play of Pettersson.
Reason. Cause and effect.

Not excuse.

Just more bias from you. Everything is colored by your weird hatred of these players.

What is it about them you dont like?

Just because you dont like EP you are willing to invent a new version of patellar tendinitis that does what you want so your narrative of Evil Elias stays intact.
Why was his head not right for the last 30 games of last year, to the extent he was called out by the GM for it?
He played fine those 30 games.

Players play fluctuates. Im sure you know this.

But your bias... you need to be right... sigh.

Again why do you hate these people so?
Why do they feel the need to 'push' Boeser?

Like, f*** me. This is elementary stuff.

Boeser has compete level issues. He had them when he was sucking, and he still had them last year when he 'got complacent' after his good start.
This is bias.

Where does it come from?

Its insane what levels of mental gymnastics you are ready to go through to avoid admitting you were wrong.

You don't know though. That's the reality. I could sit here and pretend to know because I actually have diagnosed patellar tendinitis with MRIs to prove it. But the reality is, I don't know either. Because everyone is affected differently by different injuries, and each injury is unique in and of itself. And in the case of patellar tendinitis, it is an injury that widely differs in severity and symptoms. So you can't draw conclusions just given the fact Pettersson has patellar tendinitis since we have no idea what his symptoms are.
What reason do we have to believe his patellar tendinitis was different from normal?

What points to him having the normal symptoms? His play on the ice.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Reason.

Not excuse.

Just more bias from you. Everything is colored by your weird hatred of these players.

What is it about them you dont like?

He played fine those 30 games.

Players play fluctuates. Im sure you know this.

But your bias... you need to be right... sigh.

Again why do you hate these people so?

I don't hate either player. I quite like Boeser as a person and always have.

However, when you're getting a massive contract as a pro athlete, the basic expectation is that you show up and compete no matter what. And when players don't do that, they get criticized. Again, this is simple stuff. Jacob Markstrom's father died in the middle of an NHL season and he stayed focused and had the best year of his career. Do your f***ing job.

Pettersson I don't like as a person (but definitely not 'hate') because he's spent most of the last 4 years either playing like absolute shit or being a diva holding the city to ransom about whether the team was good enough for him to stay. I'm sick of his high-maintenance bullshit. He's used up any benefit of the doubt when he has a stretch like this and is basically the boy who cried wolf at this point.

This is bias.

Where does it come from?

Its insane what levels of mental gymnastics you are ready to go through to avoid admitting you were wrong.

You're describing yourself here.

Again : the GM of the Vancouver Canucks openly called out Boeser's compete level during his 40-goal season. Issues with Boeser's compete level weren't some magic fantasy that people just made up when he was playing far worse. Criticisms of his compete level when he was playing like garbage for 3 out of 4 seasons were totally valid.

Tocchet did a brilliant job getting Boeser turned around and competing last year ... and even then, his play fell off because he got complacent again after some success. It will probably be an ongoing thing for his whole career to try and keep him engaged to get the best out of him.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
What reason do we have to believe his patellar tendinitis was different from normal?

What points to him having the normal symptoms? His play on the ice.
What is “normal”? Again, there is wide range in terms of severity of patellar tendinitis and I have no idea why you think he necessarily has a severe case. Again, I was literally just talking to a doctor today who made an off the cuff comment about how lots of people probably have patellar tendinitis but don’t even know it.

Reactions: MS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad