Player Discussion Elias Pettersson Talk | Also Chiropractors, the Medical Staff, and You

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Toch on Petey;

1000059706.jpg

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009

Where did this come from? Thanks for sharing! I would like to see the rest of it.

Maybe reading too much into this, but I am interested in a few things in this. "A lot of players love him"? Does that mean that some don't? Interesting. And "Last year, when I talked to him, he was very subdued." What does that mean and why was he subdued? And when he says "I need him right there with me," and that "he has seen it in the past," is he saying he wasn't always that way in the past? All of it seems really odd to me in some way.

Maybe RT is just saying that he was going through some stuff last year, or maybe by saying "we are all different," he is saying that Petey is kind of off and odd, but that is a both a bit obvious and a bit of a leap at the same time.

The hopeful thing is that they had a good chat where Petey was upbeat and ready to give it another go and that RT really wants to work with him successfully. But he bloody well better be, as this guy and this contract are central to the future of this team.

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Where did this come from? Thanks for sharing! I would like to see the rest of it.

Maybe reading too much into this, but I am interested in a few things in this. "A lot of players love him"? Does that mean that some don't? Interesting. And "Last year, when I talked to him, he was very subdued." What does that mean and why was he subdued? And when he says "I need him right there with me," and that "he has seen it in the past," is he saying he wasn't always that way in the past? All of it seems really odd to me in some way.

Maybe RT is just saying that he was going through some stuff last year, or maybe by saying "we are all different," he is saying that Petey is kind of off and odd, but that is a both a bit obvious and a bit of a leap at the same time.

The hopeful thing is that they had a good chat where Petey was upbeat and ready to give it another go and that RT really wants to work with him successfully. But he bloody well better be, as this guy and this contract are central to the future of this team.

It's from iMac lol.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016

Good points. IMO...that contract talk probably bothered him even more than we thought? That whole boat chat with Friedman I felt was to try and remove the pressure on him for the season, but of course that didn't work. Then he was forced to sign before he really wanted to. Hopefully he'll come out firing on all cylinders this season.

Reactions: bobbyb2009

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Good points. IMO...that contract talk probably bothered him even more than we thought? That whole boat chat with Friedman I felt was to try and remove the pressure on him for the season, but of course that didn't work. Then he was forced to sign before he really wanted to. Hopefully he'll come out firing on all cylinders this season.

If I recall, he admitted it became far more of a distraction than he anticipated because his thinking the whole season was legitimately "I'll focus on my game then deal with this in the off season" Meanwhile, the media and fanbase were having a panic attack every other day.

Really hope to see him break the 110 mark and prove he's worth every penny we're paying him.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Could it be that he was in constant pain because of his knee?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad