Player Discussion Elias Pettersson Talk | Also Chiropractors, the Medical Staff, and You

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
I wonder of him, Woo, Hirose or McWard have the best chance of cracking the roster next year. I would put them all at under %20 to even get a sniff and sub 5% to play meaningful games

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
1000043108.jpg

VintageBure

Jun 7, 2018
I believe in the player but 11.6 is a lot for someone who falls over as much as he does. Not a soft player by any means but does leave you wanting more sometimes.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
I believe in the player but 11.6 is a lot for someone who falls over as much as he does. Not a soft player by any means but does leave you wanting more sometimes.

He’ll still get 40 goals & 100 points, but it’ll take him a couple years to mould into a playoff beast that dominates 5-on-5. Will be a great contract 2-3 years from now.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Did we mess up by handing out a franchise contract to Pettersson? We overpaid Pettersson at 11.6 M considering Guentzel got 9M & Reinhart who scored 57 goals and won a Cup got 8.5M both Superstars were excellent in the playoffs whereas Pettersson was terrible. If this franchise wants to win a Cup Pettersson has to be absolutely dominant in the post season at that high salary number.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Did we mess up by handing out a franchise contract to Pettersson? We overpaid Pettersson at 11.6 M considering Guentzel got 9M & Reinhart who scored 57 goals and won a Cup got 8.5M both Superstars were excellent in the playoffs whereas Pettersson was terrible. If this franchise wants to win a Cup Pettersson has to be absolutely dominant in the post season at that high salary number.

If those guys were 25 they’d be making a lot more. The AAV is down because the terms takes them to a lot older.

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
No.

Glad we cleared it up.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
all I wanted to see was the 2020 version of EP in the playoffs which is not a unreasonable ask. would have been enough to beat Edmonton in round 2. It would have been around 8 points in 7 games, which is still absolute horse shit, but enough to beat the Oilers even without Demko
I'm ok with the 8 years, but I wish they did it in the off-season instead.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
People really be going through this every now and then,
Petey had a slump under Travis Green as well, maybe we shouldve traded him for a 1st and 2nd round pick back then.

Performance isnt always linear, he's a phenomenal player and an elite player.
It is literally acknowledged by the entire league.
This little injury that set him back this season isnt gonna hinder his career.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
People really be going through this every now and then,
Petey had a slump under Travis Green as well, maybe we shouldve traded him for a 1st and 2nd round pick back then.

Performance isnt always linear, he's a phenomenal player and an elite player.
It is literally acknowledged by the entire league.
This little injury that set him back this season isnt gonna hinder his career.
He had a knee tendinitis for ~4months.

I agree thst its not likely to hinder his career but it absolutely explains his slump.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad