Value of: Elias Lindholm to the Avs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Arizona wants futures.

What about:

Arizona gets Newhook, Avs 1st in 2023, 1st in 2024

Calgary gets Chychrun

Colorado gets Lindholm
Wouldn't even consider Lindholm for Chychrun. I would for Byram. He can actually play defense. Whoever gets Chychrun would be very sorry. I like Keller a lot from AZ. If you guys got Keller I'd do Lindholm for him.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Wondering what Avs fans would offer for the services of Elias Lindholm if the Flames decide to sell at the deadline. He would slot perfectly in the 2c slot for them for another run at the Stanley Cup.
Nice contract with another year after this one.
Can't see Flames selling with Sutter still there

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Why would the flames sell when the habs have our first round pick that's only 1st oa protected? Ppl saying Calgary needs to be sellers gotta explain this.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Arizona wants futures.

What about:

Arizona gets Newhook, Avs 1st in 2023, 1st in 2024

Calgary gets Chychrun

Colorado gets Lindholm
Lindholm is a far superior asset than Chychrun.

Why wouldn’t the Flames just take 2 firsts and Newhook?

Why would the flames sell when the habs have our first round pick that's only 1st oa protected? Ppl saying Calgary needs to be sellers gotta explain this.
Habs don’t have the Flames pick until next year at the earliest

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Lindholm is a far superior asset than Chychrun.

Why wouldn’t the Flames just take 2 firsts and Newhook?

Habs don’t have the Flames pick until next year at the earliest
Yea if we are retooling on the fly you don't sell players like Lindholm because there's no chance in hell habs take our 1st next yr (if it even makes it to top 20) that 25 pick is for sure a lottery pick if u trade lindholm

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
As a big Elias Lindholm fan I don't like this idea. But I am also terrified they're going to pay him something stupid on his next deal.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
I still want Byram, so prob no deal to be had
You’d have to add for Bo.

I do think Lindholm would be a perfect fit for the Avs. He gives them that combo #2/Shutdown/Faceoff C that they need and fits in the cap structure. But we can't trade a dollar for a quarter and 2 dimes. Avs don't have the pieces I don't think without Byram.
Yeah, it’s f it’s Bo it’s a no go.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Yea if we are retooling on the fly you don't sell players like Lindholm because there's no chance in hell habs take our 1st next yr (if it even makes it to top 20) that 25 pick is for sure a lottery pick if u trade lindholm
No, Lindholm is a support player. The Flames is a lottery team with or without him unless Huberdeau does a quick turnaround

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
No, Lindholm is a support player. The Flames is a lottery team with or without him unless Huberdeau does a quick turnaround
Support or not he makes the difference between a bottom 5 and a bottom 15 team. No point tanking to give other team the rewards.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Nope, Byram should only be traded to get someone like Elias Petterson.
Byram should not be traded period. He’s as good looking a young defender as there is in the entire NHL. His injury this season was to his knee. Those happen to anyone. He’s fine now. Do not trade elite 21 year old puck moving Dmen that hit, play nasty, skate beautifully and score.

2023 1st, 2024 1st and Olausson + the rest of our 2023 draft. If that doesn’t work for the Flames, no biggie.

Lindholm isn’t mission critical. He’s a nice player. Great complementary player. But not a must have need.

Avs already look like the best team in the west. And that’s before Landy is back.

Reactions: Turbonium

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
It would likely take Byram from an Avs perspective.
And that would be something so stupid, Sakic wouldn’t do it. Avs don’t need 1.3 years of Lindholm. He’s just a long rental. And if they lost Byram, they are definitely worse on the backend that very moment.

This summer. Toews for Lindholm is something I’d look into. Can both be resigned at that point.

The player the Avs need to trade this summer is Toews.

Last edited:
Reactions: milehigh11 and ljb4

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
The player the Avs need to trade this summer is Toews.
1677634815723.gif

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Or lose Toews for nothing in July 2024? That’s garbage asset management at the highest level.

He’s 29 now. Toews is going to get a 7 x $8.5mm deal when he’s 30 or 31. Just not with the Avs. We don’t have the cap space for it. So say your long goodbyes this summer. Get real about Toews. He’s not long for the Avs. You know it and so does Sakic.

Last edited:

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
If Lindholm had more term like 3 or 4 years it might be possible. But, no way in hell you give up the young superstar who gets better every game playing 25+mins a night for 1.5 years of a 2C
I'd trade Makar before Byram

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad