Value of: Elias Lindholm if he doesn't sign

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CaleMakaw

Jul 12, 2018
What would the flames be looking for if he doesn't sign and walks to UFA?

Considering the 2023 draft > 2024 the ideal time to trade him would be at the draft with his closest comparable being bo horvat. Roster player + prospect + first?

I'll start from the avs. Girard + Newhook + 27 overall.

Reactions: Refalanche

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Okie-dokie then. I'll play.

Back to Carolina who after this year are going to need to shore up their C/RW depth.

To Carolina
Elias Lindholm 1 year @ $4.580

To Calgary
2023 1st Round (29-32 depending where Carolina finishes).
2023 2nd Round (58-64 depending where Carolina finishes).
LW/RW Stefan Noese 1 year @ 762K

After this season, Carolina has a schwack of UFA players needing to be signed including C's Stahl, Stasny, and Stephan. While they have young prospect C's ready (?) to make the jump in Drury, Suzuki, Rees, and Ponomarev, Lindholm would provide a stabilizing influence to them.

And Carolina would have the cap room to extend him if that is what he would want. Their 2023 picks are very late and might not translate, if at all, to a player of Lindholm's calibre. Certainly not in the near term. They're young enough to believe they can compete again.

While it would hurt Calgary greatly to lose their number one C it would alleviate some cap pain for them and allow them to break in a young guy (or two) at the centre position. It would also allow them to spread the wealth, so to speak, to any or all of the remaining 7 UFA's after this season.

Calgary would/could have Kadri as their 1C, Dube/Ruzicka as their 2C, Backlund (if he extends) as their 3C and one of their farm hands as the 4C.

Noese, a veteran shores up the bottom six and might look pretty darned good lining up with Backlund and Coleman.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

Considering the 2023 draft > 2024 the ideal time to trade him would be at the draft with his closest comparable being bo horvat. Roster player + prospect + first?

That will probably be the best offer they get.

For one year of Lindholm.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
If they have some contract talks before the trade Id offer something like 22 overall + Sillinger + salary (Bean or more likely Roslovic who I forgot).

If its just strictly 1 year then walks, Columbus obviously makes no sense

Last edited:

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Okie-dokie then. I'll play.

Back to Carolina who after this year are going to need to shore up their C/RW depth.

To Carolina
Elias Lindholm 1 year @ $4.580

To Calgary
2023 1st Round (29-32 depending where Carolina finishes).
2023 2nd Round (58-64 depending where Carolina finishes).
LW/RW Stefan Noese 1 year @ 762K

After this season, Carolina has a schwack of UFA players needing to be signed including C's Stahl, Stasny, and Stephan. While they have young prospect C's ready (?) to make the jump in Drury, Suzuki, Rees, and Ponomarev, Lindholm would provide a stabilizing influence to them.

And Carolina would have the cap room to extend him if that is what he would want. Their 2023 picks are very late and might not translate, if at all, to a player of Lindholm's calibre. Certainly not in the near term. They're young enough to believe they can compete again.

While it would hurt Calgary greatly to lose their number one C it would alleviate some cap pain for them and allow them to break in a young guy (or two) at the centre position. It would also allow them to spread the wealth, so to speak, to any or all of the remaining 7 UFA's after this season.

Calgary would/could have Kadri as their 1C, Dube/Ruzicka as their 2C, Backlund (if he extends) as their 3C and one of their farm hands as the 4C.

Noese, a veteran shores up the bottom six and might look pretty darned good lining up with Backlund and Coleman.
If that’s all it cost…sign me up as a Canes fan

Bond

May 10, 2012
If they have some contract talks before the trade Id offer something like 22 overall + Sillinger + salary (Bean?).

Yeah. I think that’s about the Flames could expect. I’d do it.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Good luck getting a #1C for that

Lindholm as your 1st line center or someone to carry your offense isn't terrible but far from ideal, too.

He'll be 29 next year, not young or old, has two seasons in a 10 year career where he was anywhere close to PPG.

Good player who will return some pieces, but not the moon.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Lindholm as your 1st line center or someone to carry your offense isn't terrible but far from ideal, too.

He'll be 29 next year, not young or old, has two seasons in a 10 year career where he was anywhere close to PPG.

Good player who will return some pieces, but not the moon.
I tend to agree. But a team like the Avs or Jersey or Buffalo could spot him in at #2 and imo that would push those teams over the top.
There is also a team like Minnesota with a really good roster and good prospects with a need at C ice.
I think the Blue Jackets would be in on him too for his chemistry with Gaudreau. Adding Carlsson and Lindholm could change that franchise pretty quick.

Some team will go after him cause he does so many things to win games.

Last edited:

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
If they have some contract talks before the trade Id offer something like 22 overall + Sillinger + salary (Bean or more likely Roslovic who I forgot).

That's almost exactly what I'd be looking for in return. I think there's a good chance he'd sign in Columbus actually. He was pretty good with Johnny.

What about two of Avs 2023 1st, 2024 1st, Alex Newhook and one of Sam Girard or Sean Behrens?
You're right in the ballpark too. It's a solid basis for a trade. Kind of rare around here where someone wants your player and doesn't want to pay a quarter of what they're worth. Sabres fans the other day were trying to sell us that Rasmus Andersson isn't worth a 1st...

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Carolina could perhaps target Elias Lindholm + Oliver Kylington, and then sign a non-expensive goalie to tandem with Kochetkov and hopefully Jordan Staal takes a pay cut to be a 3rd line winger or 4th line center. Something around Morrow + 2023 CAR 1ST + something else maybe? I'm not sure on the value. Just looking at the Carolina roster and thinking it would look really nice with Lindholm and Kylington on it.

Columbus could also make a very reasonable offer if they thought they'd be able to extend Lindholm long term. Which, I don't see why they would feel confident about that. So probably it doesn't happen.

• Haha
Reactions: Haatley

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

If the Avs are just renting him this is too much.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Carolina could perhaps target Elias Lindholm + Oliver Kylington, and then sign a non-expensive goalie to tandem with Kochetkov and hopefully Jordan Staal takes a pay cut to be a 3rd line winger or 4th line center. Something around Morrow + 2023 CAR 1ST + something else maybe? I'm not sure on the value. Just looking at the Carolina roster and thinking it would look really nice with Lindholm and Kylington on it.

Columbus could also make a very reasonable offer if they thought they'd be able to extend Lindholm long term. Which, I don't see why they would feel confident about that. So probably it doesn't happen.
So an average prospect and a late first for a top line 2 way centre and a top 4 defenceman.... right.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
I heard a rumor that Carolina was trying hard to acquire Lindholm at the deadline. Timing wasn't right for CGY.

I'd like to see Necas in part of any package for Lindholm.

Also, Lindholm may have some hard feelings towards Carolina as he was a little underutilized and traded by them, but that's for him to know and me to ponder.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013

Carolina would be a weird trading partner imo, both team have great Dman, so Carolina best pieces to trade, wouldn't really work all that well for Calgary. But hey, if Carolina wants him the most, they'll get him.

Bond

May 10, 2012
I heard a rumor that Carolina was trying hard to acquire Lindholm at the deadline. Timing wasn't right for CGY.

I'd like to see Necas in part of any package for Lindholm.

Also, Lindholm may have some hard feelings towards Carolina as he was a little underutilized and traded by them, but that's for him to know and me to ponder.
Don't see Lindholm returning Necas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad