Ekman-Larsson fined for interference

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Unsure how the league/Parros "going after TML", when the decision didn't lead to suspension. OEL can still play in Leafs next game. He did deserve a fine here, gimme a break. How is it a reverse hit when he never had control of the puck there?

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
22/23 there were 4 incidents, didn’t check last year.

Actually 4 interference suspensions, and 4 interference fines (plus Matheson's), but not a single one was for a reverse hit in front of the puck (except Matheson's)

Last year there was 1 interference suspension and 3 fines. Again, not a single incident was like this one.

I have little problem with OEL actually getting fined. In fact, I've gone on record many times saying they should up their discipline ($5,000 is a joke that doesn't deter anyone, and is not even the maximum allowable, no matter how many times Parros lies about that).
I just think Parros is criminally inconsistent and that the record shows Toronto being one of the teams hit hardest by that inconsistency, along with a couple of others.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
Honestly I think this is the right call, but that's not to say it's one the league ever makes.

They tend to give too much leeway on reverse hits when a player pops up and makes head contact with the other player. OEL never really has the puck so it's not actually a reverse hit. And Guentzel doesn't have a puck so it's not a legal check.

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012
Well... that video was not what I was expecting after opening this thread. Picks the head of a guy that doesn't have the puck. What part of that is supposed to be legal?

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
The reason I think it's important to acknowledge that this isn't a reverse hit is because I think reverse hits are and should be completely legal.

This is a situation where instead of making a play on the puck, OEL delivers a hit to Guentzel, where neither player has the puck at any point. Simple interference.

When you have the puck in your possession, you should be permitted to use your body to maintain that possession, including pushing back into an oncoming body check.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Very clear interference and the “fine” is absolutely nothing. Some Leafs fans…lol
The "fine" is now a precursor for the inevitable BS 6 game suspension in the playoffs for a "repeat offender".

Nah, take away Ottawa's first round pick. That'll show them.
That wouldn't even be all that surprising. Dang, it's sad that we're joking like this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad