Eichel vs. Gaudreau

Who will have the better career

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Not sure why you're emphasizing Gaudreau being small.. Is Kassian better than Gaudreau cause he's large?
Because you he was speaking purely about points.

Eichel plays up the middle, has more size, and a better defensive game.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Not sure how we're measuring "best careers" for two players under the age of 26 but I will say I think these players are both underrated as far as pure talent goes. I might go Eichel if choosing one to build around but I personally don't think he's 4 million dollars better than Johnny.

Think they would look amazing together on a US Olympic squad.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
Not sure how we're measuring "best careers" for two players under the age of 26 but I will say I think these players are both underrated as far as pure talent goes. I might go Eichel if choosing one to build around but I personally don't think he's 4 million dollars better than Johnny.

Think they would look amazing together on a US Olympic squad.

They looked like garbage playing together at the Worlds but Eichel was playing like a puck hog during that tournament. Gaudreau was able to lead the team in scoring after he was moved away from him.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Not fair to Johnny really he should be compared to other wingers hes one of the best in the league at his position but centers simply have more value.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
They have identical stat lines this season but Gaudreau blows him out of the water in career stats. Eichel has less career points, lower career Points Per Game, Has had lower stats every season, has had less team success, can't stay healthy and has had locker room issues before.

But sure, by a large margin.
Yes, by a large margin. Making things up like locker room issues only serves to weaken your point by the way

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
They're pretty similar, but I like Eichel's physical tools and thus his potential a little more. He has the ability to dominate on a shift by shift basis that I don't see as much of in Gaudreau, and plays the more valuable position, even though, like Kane and Marner, Gaudreau is the de facto center on his line offensively. I think Eichel will be more consistently among the league leaders over their careers.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
This. Really no slight on Gaudreau by no means. I mean, does anyone pick Kane over Malkin kind of thing?
Just think he might be one of the best league wide when all is said and done.

I was thinking of them as well as a similar comparison, though I'm not sure if the gap will be as large.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
It's a "where there is smoke there is fire" issue. He's been on record calling out team mates and coaches, with rumors of him getting a coach fired. He's got issues with emotions and had a beef with a veteran player.

Locker Room issues.

Doesn't matter. Gaudreau leads him in every other metric as well.

If he is on the record calling out teammates and coaches then you won't have a problem providing sources. And no, saying the team needs to be better is not calling out teammates.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
They looked like garbage playing together at the Worlds but Eichel was playing like a puck hog during that tournament. Gaudreau was able to lead the team in scoring after he was moved away from him.

That was then, by the way Eichel is the epitome of making others around him better, the second a guy leaves his line they stop producing and the second anyone gets in his line their production shoots sky high whether it was Rodrigues last year (his linemate in college) who had 25 its in something like 48 games and then now has two goals Way from him this year, or Girgensens, Pominville last year and this year, Reinhart last two years, Evander Kane especially and skinner. Skinner and Reinhart are guys who can hold their own don’t get me wrong they’re hot byproducts if Eichel but the amount of scoring both did was abysmal until they joined him this year. Skinner had one goal until the 7th game since he joined eich and has had 23 in 28 since. Eichel also doesent have Sean monahan, (not that he’s carrying the line) but stil....old perceptions should be erased. That being said I love gaudreau he’s an entertaining player. It’s probably not as lopsided as this poll would suggest I just think the whole center and producing on lowest scoring team at near PPG clip the last two years sways people.

Quiet Jack

Mar 24, 2017
They have identical stat lines this season but Gaudreau blows him out of the water in career stats. Eichel has less career points, lower career Points Per Game, Has had lower stats every season, has had less team success, can't stay healthy and has had locker room issues before.

But sure, by a large margin.

Is there beef between ROR and Eichel? – Buffalo Hockey Central

“He’s a very special talent. I’d just like to see him put his head down and work,” Okposo said. “You’ve got to let those emotions out sometimes, but I think his work ethic comes first.”

Sabres’ Eichel focuses on keeping fiery emotions in check

Buffalo Sabres: Is the Criticism of Jack Eichel Warranted?

It's a "where there is smoke there is fire" issue. He's been on record calling out team mates and coaches, with rumors of him getting a coach fired. He's got issues with emotions and had a beef with a veteran player.

Locker Room issues.

Doesn't matter. Gaudreau leads him in every other metric as well.

How? Please select one stat where Gaudreau isn't leading.

How much do you LOVE Gaudreau? Like on a scale of 1-10. 14?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I probably would of picked Johnny Hockey before this season..... but this season Jack has taken a major step in just about everything....and he still has room for growth.

I'll take Captain Jack

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
They're pretty similar, but I like Eichel's physical tools and thus his potential a little more. He has the ability to dominate on a shift by shift basis that I don't see as much of in Gaudreau, and plays the more valuable position, even though, like Kane and Marner, Gaudreau is the de facto center on his line offensively. I think Eichel will be more consistently among the league leaders over their careers.

I’m sorry but Gaudreau has the ability and dominates most of the shifts when he’s out there. Not a good argument against Johnny.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Its closer than the poll results show. Johnny is really underrated because of his size. Its like comparing Kane to a young Tavares? I cant think of any comparables for Eichal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad