Confirmed with Link: Egor Sokolov traded to Utah for Jan Jenik

Frank8

Sep 19, 2013
Jenik isn't a great skater either but he's got some real skill and a nasty side to his game. He's always intrigued me, I'd love to see him get some reps with the big club.

Reactions: ChurchOfAlfie

h2

Mar 26, 2002
He's definitely a nasty player, he takes a lot of undisciplined penalties. Adequate callup guy at the very least.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Wow. More valuable than Joseph. ;)
Was not expecting anything back. Jenik should at least be pretty good in Belleville. Good trade.

Reactions: otown

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Hopefully he will enjoy some success in Utah. Needs an opportunity and then we will all know if he can play at the NHL level.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Pick up the Staios/Andlauer guy in Jenik

I can see why he would be a good fit. Here is his JFresh card from Twitter.

Screenshot 2024-07-03 at 2.24.43 PM.png

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Wow. More valuable than Joseph. ;)
Was not expecting anything back. Jenik should at least be pretty good in Belleville. Good trade.

I think there is an opening for a player like Jenik to make the team. Our fourth line is wide open. I assume they targeted a player they had some familiarity with who they thought had a chance to make the team.

It seems like Sokolov has wanted a fresh start for the last two years. Even if he becomes the next Mark Stone, it wasn't going to happen here. This seems like a good trade for all parties involved, the teams and the players.

Better points per game than kaliyev?

The Kings might want an actual asset for Kaliyev.

Both these players were waiving fodder on their respective teams. This is a nice little change of scenery move for both franchises, where if either player amounts to anything it's a bonus.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
MacEwan replacement maybe? MacEwan only played 30 games in Ott last season & with that contract it is going to be difficult for Staois to trade him.

Ostapchuk - Halliday - Jenik would be an interesting 4th line.

Last edited:

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Does he have to clear waivers? I assume he does.

Yes, but it is a catch-22 because if he doesn't have a good enough training camp to make our team, no team is going to claim him. Same with Sokolov.

The easiest time of the year to pass players through waivers is during training camp because every team has their own Sokolov's they have to waive, and claiming another player means they have to send down and possibly waive a player who they wouldn't have otherwise waived.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad