Traded Egor Sokolov traded to Utah for Jan Jenik

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Re Ostapchuk
I think he’d benefit from top minutes in Belleville.
Can bring him up later in the season. No rush with him.

Reactions: senswon and GCK

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Unless there's an injury up front, that would make the fourth line Cousins-Janik-Ostapchuk with Gregor a healthy scratch?
In a scenario there is no injuries Ostapchuk may go down because he doesn't require waivers. I just think he's gonna knock down the door. They're gonna have some hard decisions to make up front which is great news.

Reactions: Dionysus

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
In a scenario there is no injuries Ostapchuk may go down because he doesn't require waivers. I just think he's gonna knock down the door. They're gonna have some hard decisions to make up front which is great news.

He might also be sent down for cap reasons if we need to keep the roster below the maximum.

Re Ostapchuk
I think he’d benefit from top minutes in Belleville.
Can bring him up later in the season. No rush with him.

With his style of play, he'd benefit more from better competition than bigger minutes.

Reactions: bert

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Ostapchuk could play with Ottawa but I think the numbers will push him back to Belleville to start the season.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Ostapchuk could play with Ottawa but I think the numbers will push him back to Belleville to start the season.

Would be fine with that. Allow him to get more offensive touches and big minutes. He has to really outplay his competition to grab a spot.

Reactions: GCK

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Unless there's an injury up front, that would make the fourth line Cousins-Janik-Ostapchuk with Gregor a healthy scratch?

I think Gregor is probably our best forward on the PK. For that reason alone I think he plays most nights if healthy. I think his speed will also be valued.

If Jenik keeps looking this good I think he has to make the team. In which case I think Ostapchuk goes down to start the year. At this point if I had to guess I'd say our 4th line is like this:

Cousins - Gregor - Jenik
MacEwen

We look to have some decent depth that could come up and at least play on the 4th line in case of injury (Reinhardt, Ostapchuk/Jenik, Crookshank, HIghmore). We don't have much in the way of AHL scoring depth though, with only Gaudette and possibly Halliday filling that role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad