Post-Game Talk: EDSF Game 2 - B's tie up the series - BRUINS 4 Washington 3 F/OT

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Wagner is either on reallllly thin ice or hes not in the lineup next game. To me hes done.

First game he had a boat load of hits and his line did ok. Didnt mind them considering Caps had last change.

Game 2 they were trapped in their own end soo many times I lost count. They were a complete liability and Bruce was forced to bench them very early on. Its a handicap. Especially when a game gets pushed to OT. You're asking for more out of your top 9. I think thats another reason as to why it was big the game ended so quickly in OT.

Another thing I lost count of was how many times he, being Wags, couldnt clear it out of their own end. He had the chance and coughed it up or didnt put enough on it. I feel for the guy but that aint it. Put in someone else and tell Lazar and Kuraly they need to be better as well or they're next. Theres guys who are hungry and want a taste of the playoffs.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
IMO, I dislike Wilson..but players have to be aware when he's on the ice. Yes, he skated across the entire ice and it could've been called...but it wasn't malicious.

K.Miller is the only guy that engages this guy...we need Ritchie to do the same.

I am not a fan of the guy, obviously. But I am not gonna spin that one into a penalty. Our player was not aware and in a bad position. Anyone could have pushed him into the bench with some momentum. Looked worse than it was. Ok with it.

This is coming for a big Wilson naysayer.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Wagner is either on reallllly thin ice or hes not in the lineup next game. To me hes done.

First game he had a boat load of hits and his line did ok. Didnt mind them considering Caps had last change.

Game 2 they were trapped in their own end soo many times I lost count. They were a complete liability and Bruce was forced to bench them very early on. Its a handicap. Especially when a game gets pushed to OT. You're asking for more out of your top 9. I think thats another reason as to why it was big the game ended so quickly in OT.

Another thing I lost count of was how many times he, being Wags, couldnt clear it out of their own end. He had the chance and coughed it up or didnt put enough on it. I feel for the guy but that aint it. Put in someone else and tell Lazar and Kuraly they need to be better as well or they're next. Theres guys who are hungry and want a taste of the playoffs.

I feel bad because we've seen him go out there and hit, be physical against the Caps before. But it's pretty telling that he's getting manhandled out there right now. He can't get the puck out. He's getting hammered. His checks aren't happening.

Which is why I send Freddy out there next game.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Someone was complaining earlier about all the naysayers staying away from this board after the win . Well for one I look at it as a game that was very tense, was up for grabs all night and proves neither team is a true favourite. All these superficial comments like we got this, beat these losers and no problem proves that some people really have to take an in depth look at the actual game.

I am not a naysayer, but no way has either of these two games convinced me all is okay now for the Bruins. They have the puck in their own zone and it looks like nobody wants it. The defense has not been great, try to jump in at inopportune times and have no breakout system in place. Reilly is what was advertised and is not a top LD which we really needed. Kevan Miller does not look like he is going to survive much longer. Some people are afraid of getting hit like Gryz, Krecji and the whole 4th line is getting manhandled.

I have been a Bruins fan for years and always hope for the best but have had many disappointments.

I think that the best way to approach it is to just focus on today and let the future take care of itself.

If you asked me right now if I think the Bruins are winning the cup this year, I'd say no.

This isn't necessarily based on me thinking that they are incapable of winning, instead it's based on logic --- 16 teams with thousands of variables: injuries, luck, hot streaks, cold streaks, illness, etc. means that it's really hard to see what will happen 6 weeks forward.

In the end 15 playoff teams will be disappointed. It's a rare year when the "consensus" is right about a cup winner, prior to the playoffs starting. Heck, the "consensus" isn't always right when picking between the two finalists each year --- if they were the B's don't win a cup in 2011.

Given that, as I've said, I'll be positive and supportive of this team until I no longer have the opportunity to be.

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Ooh man I don't think I can remember who they were playing, but it was a total shit season and they were up by a goal or two and slack assing it. Tanabe was on camera saying "let em sleep" to one of his teammates about their opponent and they ended up getting beat again.

Hahaha. That sounds about right for the Bruins of 2005-06. Looks like Tanabe fit right in.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Even without Lauzon I’m still not against someone like Reilly sitting for Kampfer.

Cant believe I’m advocating for Steve Kampfer to get into a playoff game, but I think the defense has looked that bad.
I just re watched periods 2 and 3 and Reilly played with a lot more confidence as the game went on . I would leave him in .

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Thoughts on Jake?

IMO, most consistent player....if he continues to produce and Smith falters...do you swap them out at all?

I prefer keeping him on line 3 and shortening line 4's minutes now.

He gets great matchups while he's on 3. I'd be very reluctant to hurt that balance now. Genuinely I wasn't expecting Coyle to plat C again this fast. Pleasant surprise that he got his head back out of his ass just in time for these big games.

Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Caps fans must be sick today knowing they let that slip away after controlling play for most of the first 55 minutes. Brutal.

Really hope we come out on fire in game 3.
Sometimes when you watch a game without emotion involved , like I just did . I rewatched the game you get a different perspective. Sure , the Caps were in control for most of the game but Bruins had there fair share of looks and I didn’t get the impression that the Caps were the 1976 Montreal Canadians . Bruins could win this series .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad