News and Blog Report: Edmonton Sports Radio Thread - Part 6

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
you misunderstood sorry... i dont got no social life and I aint working neither. eating is good though... cant wait for march 14 pie day when blaze pizza is selling 314 pizzas. yum
I see. Well, what can I say, other than, congrats on a fulfilling and satisfying life.

OilersSnowFan

Aug 27, 2019
penticton
globalnews.ca
Stauffer has got to do something about all the background noise he makes during his show you can hear him breathing clicking away on his computer or whatever he doing during interview really evident in the David staples podcast from yesterday show

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
Stauffer has got to do something about all the background noise he makes during his show you can hear him breathing clicking away on his computer or whatever he doing during interview really evident in the David staples podcast from yesterday show
Yes. And sniffing and snorting. It’s very annoying.
But I really , really notice it if I am listening to the podcast with earbuds. Then its ridiculous. Its not so bad if Im just listening in the car live.

Last edited:

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Also really struggles with tech, and then calls out Brendan to fix it. He is obviously severely out of shape and is breathing and wheezing into the mic. It is quite frustrating to listen to.

But. I still take him 100x a day over Nielson in the morning. Awful takes about nearly everything - and harps on his fantasy teams like anybody gives a rip.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32

Yeah a mute/sneeze button would help.

Sounds like Darth Vader playing online poker

Reactions: brentashton

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
One thing that is bothering me lately with both 1260 and ched is some of the guys that they are interviewing have horrible phones. They'd be better off pre-recording and editing out the poor phone quality. Sure it takes a bit of time, but I can't be the only one that switches the station when this happen.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
One thing that is bothering me lately with both 1260 and ched is some of the guys that they are interviewing have horrible phones. They'd be better off pre-recording and editing out the poor phone quality. Sure it takes a bit of time, but I can't be the only one that switches the station when this happen.

I find this especially true when Matt Kassian calls in during the 1260 post / pre game shows (which I do like a lot) but ‘kassassination’ always sounds muffled...

2EF631BC-09D3-44F5-83A3-CE2DB1B1A7CA.jpeg

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Stauffer just now: Brendan can you check back at the studio as I, uh, I am getting, uh, a reverbiation(?) at this end...
Escott: All clear on this end

giphy.gif

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Sorry but why is everyone calling Bob fat? Every HFOil poster is skinny and in the best shape of their lives?

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006

You can hear him typing again today on his laptop LOL

Reactions: Moreaupheus

edmoil3

Mar 26, 2010
Cheds pre and post game show in the middle of a crowded studio 99 is such a bad idea.

The background noise and Echo is unlistenable.

Reactions: Moreaupheus

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Rarely do I listen to the games, but I caught a bit of yesterdays. Don't think I'll ever listen again.

The way Michaels contradicts himself statement after statement is just too much. He should just do the play by play and leave the hockey insight to someone that can do it.

edmoil3

Mar 26, 2010
Yes. And sniffing and snorting. It’s very annoying.
But I really , really notice it if I am listening to the podcast with earbuds. Then its ridiculous. Its not so bad if Im just listening in the car live.
It’s the saliva build up that gets me lol

edmoil3

Mar 26, 2010
Rarely do I listen to the games, but I caught a bit of yesterdays. Don't think I'll ever listen again.

The way Michaels contradicts himself statement after statement is just too much. He should just do the play by play and leave the hockey insight to someone that can do it.
Jack needs to just call the game and paint the picture for us. He might be good on TV though.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Sorry but why is everyone calling Bob fat? Every HFOil poster is skinny and in the best shape of their lives?

I haven't heard people calling him fat but I literally stopped listening this year because I couldn't handle his heavy breathing into the microphone when his guests were talking anymore.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad