Post-Series Talk: Edmonton Oilers defeat the LA Kings, 4-1

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
A few posts earlier an Oiler fan was explaining all the Kings penalties and was calling PLD's "holding" penalty a slewfoot, Fiala a known diver, etc.
Either they are extremely biased or they have an extremely loose definition of slewfoot. Or maybe some of both.
And McDavid and Drasaitl are also known divers to other fan bases but they never get called. Diving in general rarely get called.

I agree with you that most fans whine about officiating maybe too much, but definitely understandable during the game when everyone's a little on edge.
But I see Oiler fans still talking about stuff happening 1-2 years ago.
Most of the oiler fans talking about that are correcting a kings fan who doesn’t know what he’s watching

Reactions: JarvisFunk

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
1714762592133.png

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
A few posts earlier an Oiler fan was explaining all the Kings penalties and was calling PLD's "holding" penalty a slewfoot, Fiala a known diver, etc.
Either they are extremely biased or they have an extremely loose definition of slewfoot. Or maybe some of both.
And McDavid and Drasaitl are also known divers to other fan bases but they never get called. Diving in general rarely get called.

I agree with you that most fans whine about officiating maybe too much, but definitely understandable during the game when everyone's a little on edge.
No they aren't. Fanbases just make this shit up like they always have when other teams have superstars that they wish played for their team.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton

All fanbases have their extreme bitchers. Oilers no different. I just try to laugh. Read any GDT from a game for both sides and you'll see complaining about the exact same call!

If we're talking specifically about PLD penalty on Drai - I don't think that was a slewfoot. Penalty? Seen worse not called, seen less called.
I will say though, as someone who watches every single minute of Oiler games, McD and Drai were never divers prior to the last maybe year and a bit. I think they got fed up with a lot of non calls. With that I know many teams have the same problem but I'm talking about the most incredible hockey player in the world and another top 4-5, who happen to have drawn the LEASTamount of penalties against them earlier. I do have to admit I've questioned a few of their 'hits received' lately.

Cheers

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
If you care to look closely (the series is over, so no problem if you don't) PLD's leg comes through from behind and makes contact with Drai's inside leg as he leans into the contact. That's what puts him off balance, and the Dubois pushes from the top to put Drai to the ice. I couldn't tell for sure from the angle, but it looked like the butt-end probably made contact.

If one really wanted to get technical, it could be considered a slew foot (leg sweeps from behind with opposing force on the upper body), but not the most egregious. But either way, you're not allowed to do it. And combined with an apparent butt-end, this probably isn't the penalty to complain about.

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
No they aren't. Fanbases just make this shit up like they always have when other teams have superstars that they wish played for their team.
Maybe I should rephrase that. Insofar as Fiala is a known diver, so are those two. Most players do it to some degree and Fiala/McD/Drai are not really any worse than the other.

All fanbases have their extreme bitchers. Oilers no different. I just try to laugh. Read any GDT from a game for both sides and you'll see complaining about the exact same call!

If we're talking specifically about PLD penalty on Drai - I don't think that was a slewfoot. Penalty? Seen worse not called, seen less called.
I will say though, as someone who watches every single minute of Oiler games, McD and Drai were never divers prior to the last maybe year and a bit. I think they got fed up with a lot of non calls. With that I know many teams have the same problem but I'm talking about the most incredible hockey player in the world and another top 4-5, who happen to have drawn the LEASTamount of penalties against them earlier. I do have to admit I've questioned a few of their 'hits received' lately.

Cheers
I'm not bitter about it. It probably wouldn't have changed the end result. Most Kings fans were expecting it. We're expecting another thing to happen pretty soon which will be the most exciting thing to happen since the Kings' hot start to the season. Enjoy the rest of the playoffs.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

I keep reading how we suck in the playoffs and drai and McD are all but gone. What I never get is that the fanbase of the posters saying it rarely have more playoff success than us. Only 5 teams with more playoff wins than us in last 3 seasons.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad