Post-Series Talk: Edmonton Oilers defeat the LA Kings, 4-1

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Im rather surprised by the zero effort and coasting from Dubois in the series. Even when he saw time with Fiala on his wing, the guy just looked uninterested in the competition. Now he's got his 3 month vacation starting so Im sure he's relieved.

Reactions: nturn06

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
I think most Kings fans saw the writing on the wall months ago when the match up seemed to be a probability.

Oilers have made LA their beotches. 3 years in a row.

Kings have issues and a complete front office sweep is necessary. Not sure what moves will be made aside from letting UFAs walk and AHLers take spots.

I don't like Edmonton. I respect the skill of McDavid. Can't stand most of their players. Probably comes from three years of domination.

I don't think they will get past Dallas/VGS or Colorado in 7 games but its possible. I knew Vegas would beat them last year. Lot can happen but all things being even I think those teams are better top to bottom. They have the defense and can compete offensively.

Hey the most important thing this year is the Reign beat Bakersfield :p

Last edited:

popo

Aug 9, 2005
Im rather surprised by the zero effort and coasting from Dubois in the series. Even when he saw time with Fiala on his wing, the guy just looked uninterested in the competition. Now he's got his 3 month vacation starting so Im sure he's relieved.
He put a lot of effort in... to taking penalties.
20PIM in the series to lead the team.

When the Kings are matching the Oilers 5v5 but getting destroyed on special teams the message should be simple - don't take penalites.
This guy really hurt his team.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
He put a lot of effort in... to taking penalties.
20PIM in the series to lead the team.

When the Kings are matching the Oilers 5v5 but getting destroyed on special teams the message should be simple - don't take penalites.
This guy really hurt his team.

Dubois isn't the brightest of hockey players. He's all about himself as he always puts himself first before the team.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Yeah. There are so many similarities with the paths Toronto has to take to make noise in the playoffs, and the paths Edmonton has been given.

The only times Edmonton has played someone of Boston/Tampa calibre, they have been absolutely owned. Let’s not forget that.
You guys got who you asked for when you got Florida, and then, to no one's surprise outside of Toronto, they kicked the Leafs ass. Every year, it's a new team--ohh we got Boston; ohh we got Tampa; ohhh we got Florida (who you asked for). At some point, you guys will realize it's your team that's trash. Meanwhile, Edmonton loses to the cup champions in back to back years, but they're the ones with the easy path? The Leafs just aren't good.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Yeah. There are so many similarities with the paths Toronto has to take to make noise in the playoffs, and the paths Edmonton has been given.

The only times Edmonton has played someone of Boston/Tampa calibre, they have been absolutely owned. Let’s not forget that.

If all you're going to do is come in here and whine about how hard Toronto constantly has it, do everyone a favor and just don't come in here. At some point you have to win some series instead of just looking for excuses elsewhere. This is an Edmonton vs LA thread, not a whine about *insert random team* has a more difficult path thread.

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
You guys got who you asked for when you got Florida, and then, to no one's surprise outside of Toronto, they kicked the Leafs ass. Every year, it's a new team--ohh we got Boston; ohh we got Tampa; ohhh we got Florida (who you asked for). At some point, you guys will realize it's your team that's trash. Meanwhile, Edmonton loses to the cup champions in back to back years, but they're the ones with the easy path? The Leafs just aren't good.
Easy path yep. Means it’s easy to get to where they ended up. Oh another “we want Florida joke” even though it’s well documented that there was at “we want Boston” chant well before and after that.

Too easy 😂

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Dude he grabbed his face all series long.....he did play a helluva series, but that wasn't a penalty, simple as that, not at THAT level of hockey, not at THAT standard that they set....

That's the problem, when you set that standard, so they call that penalty, it's a shit call, but sure...that's the standard they set, then every penalty like that, they let go.....Moore gets tackled going to the net int he 3rd, no call. Arvidsson gets tackled like that, no call....

Which again, is why the officiating the entire series was just horseshit,

You guys think I am taking away from the Oilers by pointing it out, I'm not they were going to win regardless of the shit calls or not, I'm saying to lose that game on shit calls is more of a kicker because even though they were going to lose regardless, the chance to even be in the game was rendered moot.
I seriously can't believe you're advocating for a one handed tap on the glove/dive to be a penalty, but a trip/rough/butt end combination to not be. Jesus Christ.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Nobody believed Oilers fans when we complained about poor officiating that always seemed to go against us.

Now everybody is shocked when the Oilers actually get some favourable calls.

Inject the salt straight into my Oily veins.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Easy path yep. Means it’s easy to get to where they ended up. Oh another “we want Florida joke” even though it’s well documented that there was at “we want Boston” chant well before and after that.

Too easy 😂
If Toronto wanted an easier path, maybe they should have played better in the regular season to secure a matchup against one of the two teams in the East that made the playoffs with losing records.

Leafs fans are absolutely delusional if they think the Kings are anywhere close to the same level of joke that the Islanders or Capitals were.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Nobody believed Oilers fans when we complained about poor officiating that always seemed to go against us.

Now everybody is shocked when the Oilers actually get some favourable calls.

Inject the salt straight into my Oily veins.
The top three teams in the playoffs in powerplay opportunities are the Lightning, the Oilers, and the Capitals.

The lightning and the caps are golfing already.

Getting calls matters, but doing something with the opportunities matters more. LA was the 2nd best PK team in the regular season and the Oielrs decimated them. The Leafs have only had three fewer powerplays than the Oilers through five games, but they have eight less powerplay goals.

In short, get gud.

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
If Toronto wanted an easier path, maybe they should have played better in the regular season to secure a matchup against one of the two teams in the East that made the playoffs with losing records.

Leafs fans are absolutely delusional if they think the Kings are anywhere close to the same level of joke that the Islanders or Capitals were.
Islanders are better 100%.

Capitals definitely are similar.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Islanders are better 100%.

Capitals definitely are similar.
No they're not. They had nine fewer regulation wins than the Kings, scored nine fewer goals, and allowed a whopping 48 more. The Isles powerplay was worse, and their PK was orders of magnitude worse.

They were also worse in shot attempts, XGF%, scoring chances, and dangerous chances. There's literally no facet of the game that the Islanders are better than the Kings. They have better goaltending and that is it.

The only reason the Isles were even 100 feet from the playoffs is Bettman points.

Last edited:

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009

Too easy 😂
Too easy making yourself look like a fool. I'd say at least you guys will go away after tonight once Boston punts the Leafs, but we all know you'll be following Oilers threads around trying to convince everyone that the Leafs are still a better team.

Reactions: Oilhawks

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
K
The Kings were way less dangerous this year. PLD is a tire fire… they are also a much better team when they don’t play the 1-3-1

I respect the Kings but they really need a systems/coaching shakeup and somehow undo the PLD trade
Kings lost a lot of depth this year. This was by far the weakest kings team edm had faced and it showed. The PLD signing absolutely screwed them. And now they are stuck with him. And as everyone is also saying, the 1-3-1 is dinosaur at this point. It can work in small doses but playing it for 60 minutes is not a recipe for success anymore.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
The Islanders finished with 29 regulation wins to LA's 37, and were a 58 goal differential worse. In no universe are the Islanders even close to LA.
He is coping. Lot of cognitive dissonance in his comments.

How do we keep getting lost Leaf fans ending up in this thread? It's a post series thread for LA and Edmonton. Is someone giving bad directions? @Czechboy I'm looking at you.
Depressed and want to talk shit.

Reactions: Senor Catface

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
He is coping. Lot of cognitive dissonance in his comments.

Depressed and want to talk shit.
His team isn't even eliminated! Wish some people put as much effort into rooting for their own that they do trying to slander the rest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad