Post-Series Talk: Edmonton Oilers defeat the LA Kings, 4-1

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I honestly think PLD would have been a really good fit on the bruins with their leadership group and how they hold guys accountable. Odd that Ullmark wouldn't wanna play in LA (if actually true).
He didn't want to go past the Mississippi River to anyone in the west.

Reactions: TheNumber4

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
The Oilers have D, and Skinner is stable (more than Smith and Skinner pt 1), that will pull them. I'm rooting for that.

As a lover of the game, I naturally compare the best. McD is beautiful to this sport. That said, I've always admired Sid. Sid controlled the game in so many ways.

No vitriol, I still say MacK is more invigorating; compared to McD.

As a pure hockey fan, this is the time to compare. There are polls for this, but the in-the-moment responses.

I want McD to win b/c he's the best player in the league.

Because MacK looks like he was shot out of a cannon when he's on the ice. He seems to be going full blast 100% of the time. McDavid is more choosey about when he uses his speed i guess. He's also kind of lost a dimension of his game this year, it seems like he can't really shoot the puck (i still think he's injured) but last year when he scored 60+ and put up 150 pts he was unreal to watch

I get what you're saying though. Colorado is f***ing scary, i want nothing to do with them in the playoffs and just pray that Dallas or Vegas can knock them out next round

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
When he wants to he is great. He doesn't always provide the effort. I thought he was the Oilers MVP of rd1. Playoff Draisaitl is a thing of beauty

McDavid still looks like he is missing a gear at times or he just changed the way he plays the game
Yep. When he wants to. But now he wants to all the time for big games and a lot of the times during the doldrums of the regular season. When he turns it on he’s a 2 way force that the game may have not seen before. Like he’s producing at Gretzky/Lemiuex levels in the playoffs while playing a beastly defensive game that those guys didn’t have. I don’t think people realize how special he is and what we are witnessing… yet. They’ll find out soon though.

He didn't want to go past the Mississippi River to anyone in the west.
Was that confirmed?

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
The Nurse-Ceci pairing is still a hockey heart attack to me. Skinner eliminated the muffins after game 2 but I still worry about those 2.

Desharnais having a much better post-season compared to last year is definitely helping. Kulak somehow mysteriously always good in the playoffs.
As someone who only sees the Oilers games intermittently (until now in the playoffs when I see them all, same as last season), Desharnais has probably given me the biggest surprise as a very improved player.
This is about coaching, and the great effect that Knoblauch has had on the entire team. Probably the biggest in-season impact by change in coaching staff that I can put my finger on, maybe ever.

kingsholygrail

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Yep. When he wants to. But now he wants to all the time for big games and a lot of the times during the doldrums of the regular season. When he turns it on he’s a 2 way force that the game may have not seen before. Like he’s producing at Gretzky/Lemiuex levels in the playoffs while playing a beastly defensive game that those guys didn’t have. I don’t think people realize how special he is and what we are witnessing… yet. They’ll find out soon though.

Was that confirmed?
Pretty sure his desire to stay closer to home in the East is confirmed, but I don't think the trade talks were ever actually confirmed between the Bruins and Kings, so who knows?

Reactions: TheNumber4

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Special teams aside, every year the Kings look so much better when they abandon the 1-3-1, which begs the question, why do they still use it?
Said it last year and said it again this year. The kings are at their best against us with a hard forecheck and causing chaos below our red line. Using aggression to create Quick strike plays from deep in our zone to the slot should have been their recipe.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
GG to the Kings and their fans.

Hopefully we don't meet again in the first round for a few years though lol. I think we can all agree we're done with this matchup lol.

Oh I don't think you'll hav eto worry about seeing us in the playoffs for a while

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Rob Blake gutting his depth players that gave the Oilers their fair share of annoyance to deal with by trading for DuBois is yikes. I've seen my fair share of horrific overpaid players, but he's among the top worst I've seen by far.

Anyways, good series for a 3rd consecutive playoffs kings fans.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Pretty sure his desire to stay closer to home in the East is confirmed, but I don't think the trade talks were ever actually confirmed between the Bruins and Kings, so who knows?
Ahh k I was asking about the East thing. Was kinda peeved the Oilers didn’t go after him in free agency a couple years back, but if he’d never come out west anyways, I can live with that.

kingsholygrail

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Well that's all I got.
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Thomas Tatar

Avs2022

Jan 4, 2011
this brings me so much joy. i was at Honda Center the last game la was there and the Ducks won. king fans were still so arrogant and saying the game didn't matter and they would be adding another Cup banner to the staples (or the crypt as some call it) rafters soon. theyre so delusional they think every time they make the playoffs it's gonna be like 12 and 14 and go on a crazy run. im only talking about the annoying fans i encounter in person, i love and respect most of the diehard posters on here. cheers oilers.
All my friends who are Kings fans (So Cal resident) thought we stood no chance and making the playoffs would be the highlight of the year.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
The Oilers are going all the way this year...
If skinner can continue to hold the fort and the pk can be top notch against possibly Vancouver and then possibly the avs’ deadly pp’s (assuming they face them moving forward), they have a solid chance. But if either falter badly that could be it.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
You really can't look beyond the 2nd round if you're Edmonton, that's the kiss of death. All 8 teams in the West were dangerous. If they are thinking about playing Colorado/Dallas/Vegas at this point, they're already toast next round.

Reactions: Satire

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad