Elks: Edmonton Eskimos Thread 2.0: 7 - 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
You would think that the bulk of the NFL cuts are coming soon. Just not sure if the team has any ratio issues.

Team is stretched on the ratio. A lot of the injuries (Rottier, Arjen Col., all the WILs) are Canadian.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Some good news....

According to Dave Campbell....REC Duke Williams, DB Garry Peters, OL Justin Sorensen, and OL Danny Groulx are all available for Thursdays game.

The linebackers really need some help.

That is good news for sure, but if I'm not mistaken, the Duke was a healthy scratch last game due to the ratio. And the others were only on the one game list, so not a big surprise that they're all available. Especially good to get Peters back so Marcel Marceau can take a seat. And with the availability of Canadian O-linemen to replace some Yanks, Williams may get a chance to come back in, which will really give Reilly another great target again. I hope Zylstra comes back soon.

Shouldn't be too long now when some of the first 6 game guys start coming off the list as well. We need them to replace the future guys going down.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Sorensen being back is huge. Starting center is one of the worst positions to suffer an injury, glad it only caused him to miss one game.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
That is good news for sure, but if I'm not mistaken, the Duke was a healthy scratch last game due to the ratio. And the others were only on the one game list, so not a big surprise that they're all available. Especially good to get Peters back so Marcel Marceau can take a seat. And with the availability of Canadian O-linemen to replace some Yanks, Williams may get a chance to come back in, which will really give Reilly another great target again. I hope Zylstra comes back soon.

Shouldn't be too long now when some of the first 6 game guys start coming off the list as well. We need them to replace the future guys going down.

More good news....

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Good that Mulumba can play. We really need him to hang in there until some of those other bodies get back to help at that position.

On the D-line, I really hope Sewell isn't out too long. I think we can still thrive with Cummings and Bowers patrolling the middle for a while, but having a rotation to keep everyone fresh is important. Nothing personal against Howard, but I think Boateng ( don't know why but I love that name) will make everyone forget him in a month or so. The kid is going to be an impact player in the future, just like Kenny Ladler turned into. And a ratio buster to boot. What a great pick that was, the steal of the draft, IMO.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Good that Mulumba can play. We really need him to hang in there until some of those other bodies get back to help at that position.

On the D-line, I really hope Sewell isn't out too long. I think we can still thrive with Cummings and Bowers patrolling the middle for a while, but having a rotation to keep everyone fresh is important. Nothing personal against Howard, but I think Boateng ( don't know why but I love that name) will make everyone forget him in a month or so. The kid is going to be an impact player in the future, just like Kenny Ladler turned into. And a ratio buster to boot. What a great pick that was, the steal of the draft, IMO.

Yes indeed which reminds me of the year McCarty was selected, in the fourth round I believe. He has been one of the best Canadian picks in the club's history.

I count 8 Canadian starters for the Winnipeg game? 1 DE, 1 LB, 1 safety, 3 OL, 1 FB and 1 receiver? Correct?

Last edited:

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Yes indeed which reminds me of the year McCarty was selected, in the fourth round I believe. He has been one of the best Canadian picks in the club's history.

I count 8 Canadian starters for the Winnipeg game? 1 DE, 1 LB, 1 safety, 3 OL, 1 FB and 1 receiver? Correct?

They list 13 positions on offense though, so I assume only one of Watson or McCarty would be in depending on the offensive set. I see Duke Williams has moved inside and is listed as a starting slot back. That could be an interesting look with his size and skillset where he will get the benefit of a running start.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I'm afraid Calgary might win big on Labour Day, then win the rematch. I may be crucified for this and, yeah, we're undefeated but wow at the injuries. If not for all those injuries we could be the GC favourites but the injuries make me very nervous.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I'm afraid Calgary might win big on Labour Day, then win the rematch. I may be crucified for this and, yeah, we're undefeated but wow at the injuries. If not for all those injuries we could be the GC favourites but the injuries make me very nervous.

Shame on you.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
They list 13 positions on offense though, so I assume only one of Watson or McCarty would be in depending on the offensive set. I see Duke Williams has moved inside and is listed as a starting slot back. That could be an interesting look with his size and skillset where he will get the benefit of a running start.

Either of Watson or McCarty in the game still makes 8

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Completely agree.
As Gord mentioned Sewell is only on the 1 game injured list. He is a difference maker so hopefully he is back sooner rather than later.

It will be interesting to see what the roster looks like come Labor Day.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Sorensen being back is huge. Starting center is one of the worst positions to suffer an injury, glad it only caused him to miss one game.

agreed. love that he's back.

feeling good about the game tonight.
I think the esks will do what they do every game. overcome injuries and do just enough to win.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Not exactly Eskimos related but Commonwealth related.
Found on reddit.

"My view of Metallica from the handicapped section at Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton. 7 hour drive for this"
https://www.reddit.com/r/mildlyinfu...ew_of_metallica_from_the_handicapped_section/

I think at one time or another we've all had people standing for a whole show blocking the view. just one of those things that sucks, but not much to be done about it.
I guess at least being able bodied, I have the choice to stand up and get an only partially blocked view.

reading the comments a bit, the guy said the disabled section next to him was full. so it sounds like he wasn't able to get a ticket for the disabled area, and this was they best he could get. not much the stadium people could do if the fellow didn't have a ticket for the disabled section and just took his chances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad