Proposal: Edmonton - Calgary

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Now that Holland is gone and there is a real possibility Edmonton won't be able to keep the band together, people are looking at fantasy trades where Edmonton dumps their trash to rejuvenate their roster.

A Calgary/Edmonton trade of this magnitude isn't going to happen.

Reactions: Macheteops

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
I don't know that I see the point in this for Calgary. I wouldn't do Huberdeau for Nurse straight up which is the heart of this deal. Neither guy can be bought out. Nurse has one less year and costs slightly less, so in a vaccuum better for Calgary, but I wouldn't do it just due to the chance Huberdeau lights it up in Edmonton. Nurse playing better wouldn't really benefit Calgary in the same way.

Then we are also taking Campbell's contract AND trading Weegar? IF we were going to do those things I'd want prime assets not just a huge collection of smaller assets. Those 1sts would be end of the 1st round. At least the Flames should ask for 2028 and 2029 1st round picks and hope by then the Weegar/Huberdeau deals really cripple the Oilers competition and/or the Oilers stars have left or declined. Still wouldn't do it.

I just don't see any real motivation for the Flames to do this

Reactions: Nanuuk

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I don't know that I see the point in this for Calgary. I wouldn't do Huberdeau for Nurse straight up which is the heart of this deal. Neither guy can be bought out. Nurse has one less year and costs slightly less, so in a vaccuum better for Calgary, but I wouldn't do it just due to the chance Huberdeau lights it up in Edmonton. Nurse playing better wouldn't really benefit Calgary in the same way.

Then we are also taking Campbell's contract AND trading Weegar? IF we were going to do those things I'd want prime assets not just a huge collection of smaller assets. Those 1sts would be end of the 1st round. At least the Flames should ask for 2028 and 2029 1st round picks and hope by then the Weegar/Huberdeau deals really cripple the Oilers competition and/or the Oilers stars have left or declined. Still wouldn't do it.

I just don't see any real motivation for the Flames to do this
I think Nurse for Huberdeau is a pretty big win for us and I've been warning people about Nurse for almost a decade. He's a good #4 with physicality. The problem is he can't anchor the first or second pairing which is what he's been asked to do for his entire career. Huberdeau is a 2nd line one dimensional winger. Nurse even at the same cap hit and same term would pretty much be a wash. He has a year less and 1.25M less. If it's straight up I'm doing it instantly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad