Proposal: Edmonton and Washington Trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Edmonton gives:
Nail Yakupov
Griffin Reinhart
2017 3rd round pick (maybe)

Washington gives:
Madison Bowey

What do you guys think? I'm a fan of both teams (one for the regular season and the other for the playoffs lol) and I think Yakupov could do really well in Washington.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Right. What if Reinhart was taken out and replaced by Edmonton's 1st rounder? Who doesn't want Edmonton's first?

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
Edmonton gives:
Nail Yakupov
Griffin Reinhart
2017 3rd round pick (maybe)

Washington gives:
Madison Bowey

What do you guys think? I'm a fan of both teams (one for the regular season and the other for the playoffs lol) and I think Yakupov could do really well in Washington.

This is an overpayment but Capitals probably need value contracts more than Yakupov and Reinhart.

hockeykicker

Global Moderator
Dec 3, 2014
If I'm Washington's GM I'd take that trade all day and tomorrow...

uh no, not even close. how does this make washington better? trade their top d prospect for a defender who wouldnt play on caps, a 3rd rounder and a forward who may or may not play on the 3/4th line?

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
why for washington?

I can see Yakupov providing clutch secondary scoring in the playoffs playing with a defensively responsible center (Lars Eller). Imagining a third line of Yak-Eller-Williams. Also he could use a change of scenery and Washington, and I think having Ovi, Kuzya, and Orlov make Washington a perfect fit. In terms of the return, Oilers need RHD. Whether he starts 3rd pairing or in the AHL, Bowey would be a great fit.

hockeykicker

Global Moderator
Dec 3, 2014
I can see Yakupov providing clutch secondary scoring in the playoffs playing with a defensively responsible center (Lars Eller). Imagining a third line of Yak-Eller-Williams. Also he could use a change of scenery and Washington, and I think having Ovi, Kuzya, and Orlov make Washington a perfect fit. In terms of the return, Oilers need RHD. Whether he starts 3rd pairing or in the AHL, Bowey would be a great fit.

fine but how does all that equal their best defender prospect? he is worth more then an ahl defender, a 3rd rounder and a guy who hopefully will excel in a new scenery right now

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The two teams I think Yak could flourish under the most and get back to playing the way he can are WSH and TBL.

However, I doubt WSH would be interested in this deal.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
When did Bowey become a top 10 nhl prospect? I get that Yak may not have great value but trading away a roster player with high upside and one of our top prospects who can be expected to play games for us this year makes no sense. Bowey has yet to play a game in the NHL, if he didn't shoot right I wouldn't do Reinhart straight up.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Right. So I've managed to get a negative response for both teams... More for Washington, but still.

I think you are right about Yakupov doing well in WSH though. Caps and Bolts have a decent number of Russian players and strong veteran leadership, he could thrive there.

The kid loves hockey and is clearly passionate about it. His confidence has been destroyed recently, but it looks like he's having a good offseason.

He's been posting videos from back in Russia wearing Oiler gear and working out like crazy, comes across excited to come back to EDM. Maybe Hall being traded was a kickstart for him, we shall see. He's an easy kid to root for.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
I think you are right about Yakupov doing well in WSH though. Caps and Bolts have a decent number of Russian players and strong veteran leadership, he could thrive there.

The kid loves hockey and is clearly passionate about it. His confidence has been destroyed recently, but it looks like he's having a good offseason.

He's been posting videos from back in Russia wearing Oiler gear and working out like crazy, comes across excited to come back to EDM. Maybe Hall being traded was a kickstart for him, we shall see. He's an easy kid to root for.

I agree on Washington being a prime spot for Nail, Ovechkin has talked to him after games apparently so I could really see Yak thriving with real mentors to learn from. Aside from his rookie year and the short stint with Roy, Yak has only had guys his age to turn to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad