LeBrun: Edmonton and New Jersey are the leading suitors for Jack Campbell

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
Kane’s ex wife seems to hint he is not staying in Edmonton fwiw. Take that for what it’s worth
040BFF0C-0328-4C3A-9138-1A60E93B7B07.png

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
So many Leaf players going to Edmonton, it's an undercover operation, Dubas paid a million to Hyman and Campbell to whisper in McDavids ear how great the organization is.

It's a long con. McDavids coming home after Campbell back stops them to a stanley cup victory, you heard it here first.

In all honesty Jack is a good goalie, he gets WAY too much hate for what he is, he legit is capable of greatness, sure theres some jekll and hyde stuff but if he puts it together he is INSANE.

TheOrangeDesk

May 27, 2015
interesting how Edmonton has been targeting guys that leave Toronto lately. Barrie, Hyman, Ceci and now potentially Campbell, the 3 so far have exceeded expectations. there is a lot of pressure playing in Edmonton, but when guys come from Toronto there is actually less pressure, so I understand the strategy

TheOrangeDesk

May 27, 2015
hes better than what they have .. and i feel bad for mcdavid becouse he is stuck with edmonton not becouse he has no goalie haha
looks like he's having a pretty good time to me

Attachments

• connor-mcdavid.jpeg
    connor-mcdavid.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Ragdoll

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
People often ask the question 'is this a great player that we can always depend on' and then when the answer is no want to pass on the player. But the real question is what is the best option for our team. If Toronto, New Jersey and Edmonton should all pass on Campbell who should they get? There are only so many goalies available.

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
I like Campbell a lot. Wish the Leafs had the ability to re-sign him.

I'm not convinced Edmonton or New Jersey are great places for him to play to his potential though. The defenses in front of him on either of those teams are worrisome, moreso than Toronto at times.

Either way I'll be rooting for him to succeed. During his first interview with whichever team he signs for he will immediately become a fan favourite.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
i can accept Campbell as a stop-gap goalie while Stuart Skinner gradually takes the reigns

I wouldn't mind if he got the Petr Mrazek 3.8M for 3 years deal (still hilarious how the Leafs gave him that)

this is assuming Mike Smith LTIRetires

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
You think Kuemper will ask for less than what Campbell gets?
I suspect he gets signed by Colorado anyways but if he hits the market he’ll definitely ask for more than Campbell.
Yeah it's sounding like Kuemper will definitely stay in Colorado, Both might come in around the same price before all is said and done. Wouldn't surprise me if both Campbell and Kuemper don't come in around $5,500,000 x 4-5 years. We shall see in the next week or so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad