Proposal: Edmonton and Nashville

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
This does nothing for the Oilers trying to get out of a rebuild not trade proven players for picks and prospects.

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

Nashville does really well on this deal! A total steal even! Good idea!!

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
No to magic beans. You're not considering our needs/situation.

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York
Did you even stop to think about Edmonton's team needs? They need defence, and Eberle wouldn't be available especially after trading Hall. RNH and Drai would be available, I imagine.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Nope. Eberle is a one dimensional player, but he's very good at that dimension. I expect that a season alongside McDavid could translate to around 70 points.

The proposed deal does nothing for us.

MikeModano9

Oct 27, 2011
Tallahassee
Oilers are the last team in the league who should trade proven players for picks. There's no way they would make this trade. I wouldn't even trade Eberle for Buffalo or Toronto's 1st let alone a good playoff club like Nashville.

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Yeah my bad. Oilers need more proven players I suppose. Value wise it's not bad but it's not what Edmonton needs.
Carrier is good prospect on defense. But yes, he isn't proven at all in the nhl.

Point taken guys. I'll try for a better one next time.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Yeah my bad. Oilers need more proven players I suppose. Value wise it's not bad but it's not what Edmonton needs.
Carrier is good prospect on defense. But yes, he isn't proven at all in the nhl.

No, it's still pretty bad value wise. As one dimensional as Eberle might be, teams would be extremely happy if a first round pick not in the top 5-10 ended up as good as him.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
To Nashville :
Eberle

To oil:
First round pick and Alex carrier
Big pass. The Oilers have one legit top 6 RW on the roster.
Carrier is a worthless prospect(OK maybe a 4th) and your 1st does SFA for the Oilers to improve this season

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Carrier is good prospect on defense.

It's obvious you at clueless about the Oilers prospect pipeline. Funny enough, the farm needs offensive skilled forwards and are stuffed to the max in D prospects. I heard Hunt or LaLeggia had to play forward for a few games. Nurse and Reinhart will probably start in the AHL next season.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario

Yeah... no. Value wise it's a dumpster fire too. A "good prospect" for a top 6 (maybe even top line, depending on who you ask) winger who has produced in the NHL? One who was taken at 21st overall and is generally declared as being a really good turn out for that pick.... You want to make us try again at that same draft spot? If he was an A prospect, and a mid 1st, okay maybe. But I don't see this as any type of return that would be seen as on par with Ebs value.

Nothing about this says "value wise it's not bad" ... It's pretty bad.

Last edited:

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
The only way I could see the Oilers doing this is if they could flip that pick and something else for an upgrade.

BeastMode97

Jan 4, 2015
Oilers need to win in the next few years, so trading away our only top 6 established RW for picks is just stupid, not to mention NSH 1st is going to be late.

This is one of those trades where the OP doesn't even look at it from the Oilers perspective at all. It doesn't even slightly address their needs.

PeterLax

Aug 23, 2011
Ottawa, ON
This doesn't really do much for Nashville. We don't need another right wing, we need a left wing, not to mention Eberle would put us right at the cap.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008

Value wise it is terrible a late pick and prospect for Ebs that is terrible

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad