Proposal: EDM - WPG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

thai jet

Aug 13, 2021
Winnipeg
Do you guys see DeMelo as a top paring RHD or a mid pairing guy? I see him as a 3-4 but would probably play top minutes with Nurse on the Oilers. He is currently on the top pairing in Winnipeg, isn't he?

Nurse - DeMelo
Keith - Bouchard
Lagesson/Niemelainen/Broberg- Ceci

Yes he is playing with Josh Morrissey

Reactions: hn777

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
We know the Oilers have been scouting the Jets for the past three games. They're looking for something and my bet is defense.

I proposed an overpayment for DeMelo so that is my bad. Barrie going the other way might help the Oilers and provide a RHD for the Jets but I don't know if Barrie + gets DeMelo moved.
Hellebuyck?

:P

Reactions: WIOiler

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Demelo is a good solid #4. Would like to have him but not at the OP cost.

I wouldn’t give up a prospect like Bourgault for him.

We need a 2nd pairing LD, Brendan Dillon makes more sense.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
If we're getting a defensemen from the Jets I'd be looking at Brendan Dillon.

Demelo is a good solid #4. Would like to have him but not at the OP cost.

I wouldn’t give up a prospect like Bourgault for him.

We need a 2nd pairing LD, Brendan Dillon makes more sense.

If I was Chevy I would be open to moving Dillon. Not that's he's played poorly, but IMO the Jets need to re-allocate cap space from the D to improve the forward depth, and have Heinola and Samberg as LHD ready to go (along with Morrissey and Stanley (who I would also be open to moving in the right deal)).

I would probably be open to moving Schmidt as well, even though he plays on the right side just because it would open up more cap space to help add up front.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
If I was Chevy I would be open to moving Dillon. Not that's he's played poorly, but IMO the Jets need to re-allocate cap space from the D to improve the forward depth, and have Heinola and Samberg as LHD ready to go (along with Morrissey and Stanley (who I would also be open to moving in the right deal)).

I would probably be open to moving Schmidt as well, even though he plays on the right side just because it would open up more cap space to help add up front.

I wouldn’t touch that Schmidt contract for free. What’s the ask on Dillon? Keep in mind we have to send cap back but we do have expiring lower cap hits like Turris to dump. He’d be gone in 25 games

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I wouldn’t touch that Schmidt contract for free. What’s the ask on Dillon? Keep in mind we have to send cap back but we do have expiring lower cap hits like Turris to dump. He’d be gone in 25 games

Guessing around the 2 2nds that he cost to acquire last off season.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Needing to dump cap is an EDM problem, not a WPG one, so if you want us to take some, you have to pay for it.
Dillon alone is 2 2nds value, without retention or cap dumps coming back.
Jets need RHW and RHD.
Personally, I wouldn’t move him… I’d move Schmidt

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
DeMelo is a player best suited for 5-6 role, that can bump to 4 for a good amount of time when filling in.
okay option for the second pp unit with a decent shot.. is not bad defensivley , but is over paid by about 900k

as an Oiler fan with season tickets to the Jets .. id be okay with picking him up for a 2nd and maybe a B prospect..
thats about it
Barrie for DeMelo in a Hockey trade or
2nd + Marody ( plug in B of your Choice ) for DeMelo
umm what, an okay option for the pp unit? are you trying to defend the lead or something when you put out there?
is not bad defensivley? yeah, he's not bad, in fact he's very good...

from reading those two things I really don't think you know much about demelo at all

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
DeMelo is a player best suited for 5-6 role, that can bump to 4 for a good amount of time when filling in.
okay option for the second pp unit with a decent shot.. is not bad defensivley , but is over paid by about 900k

as an Oiler fan with season tickets to the Jets .. id be okay with picking him up for a 2nd and maybe a B prospect..
thats about it
Barrie for DeMelo in a Hockey trade or
2nd + Marody ( plug in B of your Choice ) for DeMelo
did you just say Demelo is an okay option on the PP. i know you said you have season tickets to the Jets, but i think you're watching some other team my friend.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
All the players and prospects!

(we only have 2 players at that level, and you're not getting either, so you can take your pick of whatevers left just try and make the salary work).

I was in no way thinking McDavid or Draisatl if that is whom you are referring to.

It was talked about in an earlier thread...it would have to include Skinner (although Edmonton is not using him so not sure Winnipeg would see him as a core piece in trading a top goalie), the 2022 1st and probably Holloway. Edmonton would need to send salary back (Koskinen) for cap reasons. Trading Hellebucyk basically signals a rebuild. HAVE to sign Dubois before making any major player moves.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I was in no way thinking McDavid or Draisatl if that is whom you are referring to.

It was talked about in an earlier thread...it would have to include Skinner (although Edmonton is not using him so not sure Winnipeg would see him as a core piece in trading a top goalie), the 2022 1st and probably Holloway. Edmonton would need to send salary back (Koskinen) for cap reasons. Trading Hellebucyk basically signals a rebuild. HAVE to sign Dubois before making any major player moves.
In a heartbeat. Would do that trade and run.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Demelo would be a good add for the Oilers, so naturally they'll try their hardest to add Mike Hoffman at the TDL.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

That still wouldn’t move the needle for Hellebuyck though, honestly. I don’t think he’s getting traded because no one will want to pay what the Jets expect.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Needing to dump cap is an EDM problem, not a WPG one, so if you want us to take some, you have to pay for it.
Dillon alone is 2 2nds value, without retention or cap dumps coming back.
Jets need RHW and RHD.
Personally, I wouldn’t move him… I’d move Schmidt

Thats fine if you wouldn’t move Dillon but any contender looking to add Dillon (not saying Edmonton is a contender) would need to send cap back. How many of the teams with a legit shot at the Cup have the cap space to trade out picks or prospects for a top 4 D without least sending an expiring contract back?

Eating 20 games on a 1.65 million deal which 1 million with can be buried by waiving him. If would cost Winnipeg next to nothing in dollars.

Reactions: TFHockey

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Thats fine if you wouldn’t move Dillon but any contender looking to add Dillon (not saying Edmonton is a contender) would need to send cap back. How many of the teams with a legit shot at the Cup have the cap space to trade out picks or prospects for a top 4 D without least sending an expiring contract back?

Eating 20 games on a 1.65 million deal which 1 million with can be buried by waiving him. If would cost Winnipeg next to nothing in dollars.
Any team looking to dump cap, usually pays for it with a pick

RustyCat

Registered homie
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
DeMelo is one of the few Jets I would not trade. You know exactly what you get from him night in, night out. Excellent player for his role on a great contract.

Reactions: hn777 and Heldig

pegcity

Feb 9, 2011
Winnipeg
As previously mentioned, Brendan Dillon is more likely to be traded from a Jets perspective (I don't know what the Oilers needs are).

2022-2023 Winnipeg Jets LD
Morrissey
Dillon
Stanley
Heniola - First round pick in 2019 and is ready (however, is waiver exempt)
Samberg - Has looked good (is waiver exempt)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad