Proposal: EDM - WPG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
DeMelo is the kind of player the Jets should be looking at dealing for a 1st if it is offered

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
well first of all you have to get by that modified ntc then go from there but im an oilers fan as well, whats so special about demelo that people are talking about? i dont see the interest tbh. honestly id give up a 24 1st + barrie+ a pick or prospect for burns at 50% seems more of a fit on a line with nurse than demelo would.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
well first of all you have to get by that modified ntc then go from there but im an oilers fan as well, whats so special about demelo that people are talking about? i dont see the interest tbh. honestly id give up a 24 1st + barrie+ a pick or prospect for burns at 50% seems more of a fit on a line with nurse than demelo would.

Quietly good. Top 10 in Def WAR, can play up and down the lineup and makes every partner better. Unlike a lot of offensive defenders who’s mistakes that are amplified (pinching for example) he plays a simple, clean game. It would take a lot to get him

Reactions: hn777 and GreenLine

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
I think DeMelo would be great on the Oilers, but definitely not for 2 1sts

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
It's more value than Demelo is worth in a vacuum, but the Jets don't have enough RHD to move Demelo IMO.

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Value aside, Demelo is a really solid D man which is something the Jets are lacking.

I could see him really helping the Oilers but I don't see him being available.

Reactions: hn777 and LTIR

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Value aside, Demelo is a really solid D man which is something the Jets are lacking.

I could see him really helping the Oilers but I don't see him being available.

We know the Oilers have been scouting the Jets for the past three games. They're looking for something and my bet is defense.

I proposed an overpayment for DeMelo so that is my bad. Barrie going the other way might help the Oilers and provide a RHD for the Jets but I don't know if Barrie + gets DeMelo moved.

Reactions: hn777

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
If 2ish months of Chiarot pulls a 1st+, there is no way that Demelo who is considerably better IMO at a very reasonable cap hit for this and 2 more seasons after, isn't worth 1st+ as well.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
If 2ish months of Chiarot pulls a 1st+, there is no way that Demelo who is considerably better IMO at a very reasonable cap hit for this and 2 more seasons after, isn't worth 1st+ as well.
Sure, but Edmonton's way too full of holes to overpay for a depth player. DeMelo isn't "the missing piece" for them like he might be to a contender.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Lol not giving up Xavier for demelo and I could care less about the Turris contract at this point.

Sure, but Edmonton's way too full of holes to overpay for a depth player. DeMelo isn't "the missing piece" for them like he might be to a contender.

Do you guys see DeMelo as a top paring RHD or a mid pairing guy? I see him as a 3-4 but would probably play top minutes with Nurse on the Oilers. He is currently on the top pairing in Winnipeg, isn't he?

Nurse - DeMelo
Keith - Bouchard
Lagesson/Niemelainen/Broberg- Ceci

IIxGURUxII

Jul 19, 2018
Do you guys see DeMelo as a top paring RHD or a mid pairing guy? I see him as a 3-4 but would probably play top minutes with Nurse on the Oilers. He is currently on the top pairing in Winnipeg, isn't he?

Nurse - DeMelo
Keith - Bouchard

DeMelo is a player best suited for 5-6 role, that can bump to 4 for a good amount of time when filling in.
okay option for the second pp unit with a decent shot.. is not bad defensivley , but is over paid by about 900k

as an Oiler fan with season tickets to the Jets .. id be okay with picking him up for a 2nd and maybe a B prospect..
thats about it
Barrie for DeMelo in a Hockey trade or
2nd + Marody ( plug in B of your Choice ) for DeMelo

Reactions: TFHockey

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016

Nurse - DeMelo
Keith - Bouchard

Pretty much Cody Ceci 2.0

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad