Proposal: EDM-WPG Blockbuster

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
WTF is this. You're arguing semantics? If another player on another team said this most posters would say "Hey, he's leaving. Trade him while you can."
you said he said he was "unequivocally" not re-signing, posting what he actually said isn't arguing semantics...
trade him while we can? we still have another year before it reaches that point...

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
If the Jets are trading Helle, I think they would get better offers. They'd want at least 1 premium asset, like a high first rounder or a blue chip prospect, or a good young NHLer. Then add from there.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
If the jets trade Hellebuyck then we would be in the same position the oilers are in looking for a starter . And we're not that dumb. Dumb is to go 7 years into mcdrai and still not have a starting goalie.

Reactions: Andreas Ferrari

broc

Dec 20, 2010
2 likely very late firsts and a depth forward that excites exactly no one for a vezina goalie = Easy no.

Broberg or Bourgeault would be the starting point. Which EDM fans will balk at, so no point In continuing

Edmonton had the chance to draft Jesper Wallstadt and instead traded down a few spots to get a 3rd.

now dyin for a goaltender

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013
you said he said he was "unequivocally" not re-signing, posting what he actually said isn't arguing semantics...
trade him while we can? we still have another year before it reaches that point...
At that point his value will be a fraction of what it is now but feel free to hold on as long as you can

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Just my opinion, but if I was the GM and any Winnipeg player tells me they are going to test free agency the first chance they get(2 years from now) I’m trading his ass to maximize value.
I said I would trade him for the right offer, that poster I quoted said we wouldn't get the right offer because pld wants out, so I just said we will hold onto him for the year then...

Reactions: BayStBullies

tornado24

Jan 8, 2014
Winnipeg
your suggested trade is almost as absurd as my counter offer. Since the Oilers cant find anything better than a shooter-tooted for a goalie and their defence is as equally as bad as the Jets they should consider a rebuild so:

Jets get
Connor McDavid

Oilers get
2023 1st round pick
2024 1st round pick
Kristian Vesalainen (a bust just like Pool Party)

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013
I said I would trade him for the right offer, that poster I quoted said we wouldn't get the right offer because pld wants out, so I just said we will hold onto him for the year then...
I understand but I would be shipping him out for the best offer and not holding on to him just to lose him for diminished/no value (letting him walk for free)

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013
your suggested trade is almost as absurd as my counter offer. Since the Oilers cant find anything better than a shooter-tooted for a goalie and their defence is as equally as bad as the Jets they should consider a rebuild so:

Jets get
Connor McDavid

Oilers get
2023 1st round pick
2024 1st round pick
Kristian Vesalainen (a bust just like Pool Party)
Not even close to comparable!

Reactions: TFHockey

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I understand but I would be shipping him out for the best offer and not holding on to him just to lose him for diminished/no value (letting him walk for free)
were not going to let him walk for free... he either signs long term next year or gets traded, and he will still have value...

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
This trade makes some pretty big assumptions, mainly that the Jets are going to deal a bunch of their vets and commit to a mini rebuild. This is possible with the rumors about trading Wheeler, PJD not sticking around and maybe moving Scheifele. However the next bit should be taken with a grain of salt.

:edmonton

Connor Hellebuyck G $6.1 Million AAV for two season then UFA

:jets

2023 1st
2024 1st
Jesse Puljujarvi (equiv. high 2nd)

The Jets get a haul (a star like Debrincat got a 1st (7OA) a 2nd (39th) and a 2024 3rd, for example) and the Oilers show the team they are all in with an outstanding goaltender in Hellebuyck. Who could conceivably resign with the Jets in two years if the Oilers can't convince him to extend.
ChevyPhoneCallFunny.gif

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
I don't think the Jets will trade Helle, but if they decide they want to for whatever reason how about:

Jets: Hellebuyck, Schmidt (or Dillon?)

Oilers: Bouchard, Skinner, 2x 1sts

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
This trade makes some pretty big assumptions, mainly that the Jets are going to deal a bunch of their vets and commit to a mini rebuild.

GM & HC pretty much said that’s not happening. If your thread is going to fail after the first sentence, there’s just no point in it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad