Confirmed with Link: [EDM/VAN] Oilers acquire Vasily Podkolzin for OTT 4th '25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Hoping for a Klim Kostin, will settle for a Puljujarvi
Nothing close to the quick release of Klim Kostin. Podz can shoot the puck but seems to hesitate. His shot mechanics are odd. Gives goalies more chance to come into position.

Nothing about Podz speaks Kostin. Klim was leading the team in hits here. Rock em sock em type hits. He'd answer for it too.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Hoping for a Klim Kostin, will settle for a Puljujarvi
I haven't watched Podkolzin a lot but the Puljujarvi comparison seems bang on. In particular that thing where an evaluation of the player will be a huge list of positive attributes but then one negative in that they don't seem to play hockey well

Maybe fitting the cliche of a player with all the tools but no toolbox

Reactions: oobga

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I haven't watched Podkolzin a lot but the Puljujarvi comparison seems bang on. In particular that thing where an evaluation of the player will be a huge list of positive attributes but then one negative in that they don't seem to play hockey well

Maybe fitting the cliche of a player with all the tools but no toolbox
Wait, are we talking about Nurse?:laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Ninety7

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
We have a restored washing machine at our cabin that is probably 60 years old. Old fashioned, simple technology without the bells and whistles, but will probably last another 40 years.
My Dad bought my mother a microwave for Christmas in 1986. He died a week before Christmas so he never knew the delight of a microwaved hot Dog but I bet he would be pleased to know it’s still the only microwave the old girl has ever had. Turning 38 and working like it is just out of the box.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
His former coach Bruce Boudreau was on Overdrive and in course of conversation mentioned he thought Podkolzen could be a 4th or 3rd line winger.

Mentioned my impression is a guy who's going to reset as a middle line up winger. Which is fine if they get the hard ice game with motor and some skill based support scoring.

Reactions: bellagiobob

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
His former coach Bruce Boudreau was on Overdrive and in course of conversation mentioned he thought Podkolzen could be a 4th or 3rd line winger.

Mentioned my impression is a guy who's going to reset as a middle line up winger. Which is fine if they get the hard ice game with motor and some skill based support scoring.
if he can come in here and bang and crash and pop a few goals in like Kostin, he's done his job

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
Wouldn't it be nice if he could just pop and from nowhere live up to his draft position. The amount of lovely conversations with friends who are Canucks fans that would ensue makes me all fuzzy inside thinking of it.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Looking into him a little more the immediate feeling I get is he's not quick enough mentally to succeed with top 6 talent (at the moment). Especially those that like to push the pace, which unfortunately for Podz is Vancouver's entire style.

Knob's system allows for more individualistic play and for guys to slow the game down. Staple him to Perry and/or Henrique for the start of the season and I wouldn't be surprised to see him start to click.

A bit like Holloway this past season. He struggled to do anything with top 6 min, or playing with guys like McLeod and Foegele or Janmark and Ryan, but finally showed his first offensive spark and instincts on a line with Gags in mid-January. That reemerged after his recall down the stretch when he was on a line with McLeod and Perry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad