Proposal: edm/tb/dal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
What is this supposed to do for Dallas? Leaving aside we don't have the cap room, those are busted guys on bad contracts we have no need for and paying to get rid of them is going to cost much more than a 2nd.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
To dallas;

Ryan Callahan, Mark Fayne, token 2nd

To Edmonton;

Slater Koekkoek, Antoine Roussel

To Tb;

Benoit Pouliot

So Dallas takes on over 7 million in cap and get a 2nd out of it? This deal doesnt make us any better and kills out cap. It's a big resounding no. Truly awful

serp

Jan 17, 2016
That deal makes no sense for Dallas . Not investing that much caproom without really improving the team.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
TB finds this hilarious. Possibly the most hilarious offer I've seen on these boards. I doubt we'd give a decent pick for Pouliot, let alone our best defensive prospect and Callahan (overpaid though he may be).

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
I'd love to be rid of Callahan's contract but not at the cost of Koekkoek and certainly not with Pouliot coming back our way. We save only $1.8M, get a worse forward in return, and lose our best young defenseman. Horrible deal for Tampa.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
TB finds this hilarious. Possibly the most hilarious offer I've seen on these boards. I doubt we'd give a decent pick for Pouliot, let alone our best defensive prospect and Callahan (overpaid though he may be).

It's certainly bad but in all fairness it's not even the worst offer I've seen from Oilers fans. Remember all the Yakupov for Drouin offers, many of which even had us adding to the deal? :laugh:

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
To dallas;

Ryan Callahan, Mark Fayne, token 2nd

To Edmonton;

Slater Koekkoek, Antoine Roussel

To Tb;

Benoit Pouliot

When did Mac T become the new GM of Dallas ? :sarcasm:

While Fayne is not a bust like one fan said he is overpaid . If he comes to camp in shape like his agent has said he is and plays like he did after his recall for the AHL he is a useful player . Still over paid like everyone Mac T signed

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It's certainly bad but in all fairness it's not even the worst offer I've seen from Oilers fans. Remember all the Yakupov for Drouin offers, many of which even had us adding to the deal? :laugh:

I at least understand their reasoning for trying to fleece us in those. Drouin looked like damaged goods, and a lot of fans who aren't familiar with Yzerman thought he'd ship him out for nothing.

This one? Both of the players we're trading for Pouliot are likely more valuable than Pouliot. Callahan's overpaid, sure, but when healthy he's still good for 40+ points and rock solid defensive play. And Koekkoek's our best D prospect by a mile.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
So Edmonton gets:

Pouliot for Roussel (roughly even)

Koekkoek for Fayne and a 2nd (This is bad for Tampa)

And Tampa and Dallas lose badly in terms of value.

This doesn't work for anyone but Edmonton.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I guess I'm alone in thinking a swap of Roussel for Callahan, Fayne and a 2nd round pick isn't too bad of a deal for Dallas....at least on the ice.

With Nuke still unsigned, though, probably not a great idea.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
I guess I'm alone in thinking a swap of Roussel for Callahan, Fayne and a 2nd round pick isn't too bad of a deal for Dallas....at least on the ice.

With Nuke still unsigned, though, probably not a great idea.

straight up value, its great for Dallas. When you factor in the cap it's terrible

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Why the hell would Dallas do this. It helps them zero and adds a ton of cap. They would surely tell you to no.

TB is giving up their top D prospect and Callahan for a player they didn't even qualify three years ago.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
TB is giving up their top D prospect and Callahan for a player they didn't even qualify three years ago.

At least you wouldn't have to pay Callahan anymore . If the Lightning wanted to trade Callahan they'd have to pay to get rid of him imho. Probably not a top prospect but Callahans contract has negative value.

Sure its not great for TB but Dallas wants no part of Callahans albatross . Fayne is really expensive for a third pairing guy as well . The second alone does not make up for it .

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad