Proposal: EDM-OTT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009
Connor Brown gets more than a 2nd before cap retention and no cap dump.

Asking for 50% and dumping Kassian is gonna be a big damn plus.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
To Edmonton: Connor Brown(50% retained)

To Ottawa: Zack Kassian, 2nd round pick
That’s gonna be a big no from Ottawa dawg.

Kassian doesn’t do well living east of Windsor Canada the bottle calls in the East but in the west Kass stays on an even keel where the bottle is colder but further away and is harder to come by in the frozen tundra of Alberta, also Kassian’s bald head has a time limit for cold exposure in Alberta where in the east it’s much warmer so he stays out longer getting more hammered especially in Montreal with all those strip clubs, where he gets totally shit faced, it’s just not a good idea or proposal.

This proposal also doesn’t go well with Melnuk’s salary structure.

Kassian is 30 and still has this season plus 2 more seasons of term which wouldn’t go over so well in uncle Eugene’s world.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
To Edmonton: Connor Brown(50% retained)

To Ottawa: Zack Kassian, 2nd round pick

pierre-dorion-throwing-drink.gif

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Apparently these are the rules of the HF trade forum:

1) Takes no times to consider the needs of the other team - Check

2) Trade heavily favours one of the teams - Check

3) "Let's get rid of our trash and get something nice in return" - Check

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Apparently these are the rules of the HF trade forum:

1) Takes no times to consider the needs of the other team - Check

2) Trade heavily favours one of the teams - Check

3) "Let's get rid of our trash and get something nice in return" - Check

At least he didn't do number 4 which is to blindly justify the trade after one fanbase said its stupid

Reactions: Altimus

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
You’re asking Ottawa to retain 50% AND take back Kassian. You should know you’re sending back a 1st, at a minimum…

Reactions: Flyer lurker

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Just for the fun of it. I would guess Brown @50%+ Kassian would cost something like 1st+Broberg/Bourgault maybe?

You're dumping a big contract and getting back a top 6 forward for 2 years at 1.6Mil its going to hurt.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
It seems that the value of Connor Brown stays the same regardless of whether he has 1.5 years remaining or if we trade him at next years deadline, and if not the same, a very marginal increase.

If this proves to be the case, I don’t see why the Senators would trade him away this year when we can still get another year of service from him.

And everyone is giving our pro scouting staff a little too much credit here. Would we really be surprised in an isolated event that GMPD would give an asset for Kassian? And tell us that the players hugged him after for it?

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Just for the fun of it. I would guess Brown @50%+ Kassian would cost something like 1st+Broberg/Bourgault maybe?

You're dumping a big contract and getting back a top 6 forward for 2 years at 1.6Mil its going to hurt.

Holy crap man. The OP went one way down the ridiculous trade path and there you go, going the other way. Did you wave at each other? Geesh.

Reactions: spaghtti

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Holy crap man. The OP went one way down the ridiculous trade path and there you go, going the other way. Did you wave at each other? Geesh.

Genuinely why else would Ottawa do it? The Sens are doing the Oilers the favor here. Like a big favor.
Browns contract is already great and you want us to retain half. AND take on a more expensive, useless player? Thats gonna cost you alot.

I don't think the OP is realistic at all. if you want Brown your taking his whole salary with no cap dump coming back. But in this fantasy world of the Sens retaining 50% and taking back a big cap dump, its gonna cost you alot.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Genuinely why else would Ottawa do it? The Sens are doing the Oilers the favor here. Like a big favor.
Browns contract is already great and you want us to retain half. AND take on a more expensive, useless player? Thats gonna cost you alot.

I don't think the OP is realistic at all. if you want Brown your taking his whole salary with no cap dump coming back. But in this fantasy world of the Sens retaining 50% and taking back a big cap dump, its gonna cost you alot.

Sure, Ottawa isn't going to do Edmonton, or anyone else, any favors. The OP is out to lunch. Asking a 1st + Bourgault or Broberg is absurd though. I am sure you realize that.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Sure, Ottawa isn't going to do Edmonton, or anyone else, any favors. The OP is out to lunch. Asking a 1st + Bourgault or Broberg is absurd though. I am sure you realize that.

It is equally as crazy as asking for Brown at 50% and dumping Kassian. I was trying to show what it would really cost to get what the OP wanted. We both know both are absurd and never going to happen. But you wont get the deal the OP wants without the package I said.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad