Value of: EDM & OTT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Zack Kassian is probably a welcome addition through the eyes of Ottawa’s management.

Team identity, RW, and maybe a move will spark him to what he was in the earlier Oiler’s day.

1st + Lavoie + Kassian for 2 years of Brown sounds pretty tempting to me. Addresses our immediate RW needs to replace Brown, stock our RW prospect pool and adds a draft pick. Might seem a bit steep for you guys though, no?
I'm okay with it.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I'm okay with it.

Oh damn just read through and you proposed it first.

In your post you cited Lavoie as having equivalent value to a third. He’s been struggling but the talent is there, is that really the consensus ranking for Lavoie over at HFOil?

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Tierney was originally my second target with Brown but his caphit makes it even more difficult.

And I just like what Nick Paul brings to the bottom six. Ottawa should likely look to retain both as they're the kind of workers you want young guys around.
I'm in the same boat. I think Paul is a skilled enough player to step into a third line and be a quality contributor. He'd be a great compliment to a guy like McLeod who plays his best game with the puck on his stick.

He's big, physical and can win you draws in a pinch. He's also multi-positional. The bad year and impending arbitration rights only point to a lower return, which the trade even more palatable.

Reactions: GOilers88

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
So to move some money around...

Something like Turris/Russell + 3rd + 4th for Paul?

I know some of my fellow Oil fans hate the idea but I'd also propose something like Yamamoto + 2nd for Brown? Not enough? Too much from Oilers?

Lavoie + 22/23 1st + ? for Brown?
Absolutely would not do that deal for Paul. Like no chance in hell. He is still a high end checker and good 3rd liner.

2nd + a body for Paul
Coleman lite return for Brown
The sens literally have no bodies and very few players that are hard to play against while having 3 2nds this year and lots of middle prospects. You still need to surround the young players that can actually play in the league.

The same goes for Connor Brown he is a top 6 forward on this team why trade him? They need more players like him if anything.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Zack Kassian is probably a welcome addition through the eyes of Ottawa’s management.

Team identity, RW, and maybe a move will spark him to what he was in the earlier Oiler’s day.

1st + Lavoie + Kassian for 2 years of Brown sounds pretty tempting to me. Addresses our immediate RW needs to replace Brown, stock our RW prospect pool and adds a draft pick. Might seem a bit steep for you guys though, no?

Yeah, I see that as steep (a 1st and Lavoie) but Kassian is so hit and miss. One night he steam rolls the other team, then for three more games you never see him.

While the Oilers definitely need an upgrade at 3C what they really need is a revamp on their back end. And a long term solution in goal.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Absolutely would not do that deal for Paul. Like no chance in hell. He is still a high end checker and good 3rd liner.

The sens literally have no bodies and very few players that are hard to play against while having 3 2nds this year and lots of middle prospects. You still need to surround the young players that can actually play in the league.

The same goes for Connor Brown he is a top 6 forward on this team why trade him? They need more players like him if anything.
I do agree that Sens would likely be best to retain both players. But if there's a chance they could be moved I hope the Oil would be looking at guys like this. These are players we all need more of.

I figured the Paul one might be a little light. I'd definitely be willing to give to get from an Oilers perspective.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Yeah, I see that as steep (a 1st and Lavoie) but Kassian is so hit and miss. One night he steam rolls the other team, then for three more games you never see him.

While the Oilers definitely need an upgrade at 3C what they really need is a revamp on their back end. And a long term solution in goal.

Ottawa fan in Edmonton that loves both teams, no chance Ottawa does it but Zub is literally the perfect replacement for Larsson on that backend.

Nurse - Bouchard
Broberg - Zub
Keith, Ceci, Samurai, Barrie

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Ottawa fan in Edmonton that loves both teams, no chance Ottawa does it but Zub is literally the perfect replacement for Larsson on that backend.

Nurse - Bouchard
Broberg - Zub
Keith, Ceci, Samurai, Barrie

I appreciate the insight. I don't watch a lot of Sens games and don't know much about Artem Zub.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad