Claimed off Waivers: [EDM] Oilers claim Raphael Lavoie off waivers from the Golden Knights

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Is there a way to know if this team put in a claim when Lavoie was first put in waivers and was beaten out by Vegas?
Vegas was below those teams so they couldn't have put in a claim the first go around. Probably gamesmanship from another team to try and mess with the Oilers cap.

Reactions: nturn06

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Oilers have almost no young players so I'm happy he's back. But I also feel for him. Would've been happy to see him in the NHL to be honest.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
That's totally to mess with them haha

Good stuff
The hate for Stan Bowman and the Oilers is strong.

1000000279.jpg

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I hope he likes popcorn. I actually feel sorry for him.

Forced to eat popcorn in the press box I think you mean.

If the Oilers depth forwards were in their prime maybe, but odds are he's going to work as a tag team partner for the 39 year old Perry. Plus considering Skinner has looked meh at best and Arvidsson always has health questions, I don't mind keeping Lavoie on the back burner.

Truth be told, this move probably saves the Oil from their own foolish ambition to run only 12 forwards unless absolutely necessary.

Reactions: GreeningOil

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
Did Vegas really think this was going to work? Seemed pretty telegraphed to me that EDM would snatch him up again
Seems like they might have put claims on a few guys to fill one role and ended up having to choose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad