Waived: [EDM] Oilers claim F Raphael Lavoie off waivers from the Golden Knights | back on waivers (again)

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
I would love the Flames to claim him this time just to troll the Oilers
96ajpy.jpg

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
That's $9500 a game ish. Are we sure he will play all games?

Seems it wasn't us, but yeah, if you waive him so soon, we're probably taking him after losing Schwindt and Rooney this week.
Get paid everyday that you are on the active NHL roster whether you play or not. Not done by games

Oilers care more about accruing cap space than they do about losing Lavoie.

They don't believe in him.
Lowetide was talking about it on his show. Problem is Lavoie is going to play bottom 6 more than likely 4th line, but he doesn't PK and can't play center.

Think the plan was/is get him in Bakersfield at the very least playing PK so that if he is called up he can bring something to the 4th line.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
Is there anything stopping this from continuing all season? If Vegas and Edmonton both want him on their AHL team and a third team (say, NYR) wants him in the nhl - what’s stopping it from just being constantly “Edmonton waives, Vegas and NYR claim, Vegas wins, can’t send to minors because there was another claimant, Vegas waives, Edmonton and NYR Claim, Edmonton wins, can’t send to minors because there was another claimant… lather rinse repeat”

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Oryxo and Tritsche

Guardian452

Jun 10, 2011
Another team must have put a claim in or Edmonton could've just sent him to the AHL
There’s only 1 team with a lower waiver priority than Edmonton and they currently have only 12 forwards on their active roster. It’s a safe bet that Lavoie is off to Florida tomorrow.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
I guess someone other than Edmonton put in a claim for Lavoie?
Would have to be a case. Shame they couldn't just assign him to the new team if edmonton didn't want to keep him up instead of the perpetual waivers

I forgot kappo signed in winnipeg tbh. Hasn't seemed to make it click in terms of being a full time NHL tender

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
There’s only 1 team with a lower waiver priority than Edmonton and they currently have only 12 forwards on their active roster. It’s a safe bet that Lavoie is off to Florida tomorrow.
If Vegas puts in a claim again, can't they just send him to Henderson? Or does the 3rd team get priority?

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa

Waiver order (before Nov 1) is just the previous regular season reverse standings order isn’t it? The order doesn’t change with playoff results like the draft order does, as far as I know.

Dallas, Winnipeg, Colorado, Vancouver, Carolina, NYR, Florida, and Boston would all be later in the order than Edmonton if that’s the case.

Reactions: uncleben

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad