Proposal: EDM MTL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No interest at all from the habs

The habs package could get back in total at least one 1st, two 2nd, and one 3rd, and I'll easily take that over Holloway + cap dump.

Agreed. Best to trade them individually. I really like Holloway and I understand why the Oilers like him but there are other prospects we can try to acquire from other team. Oilers appear to want to protect their youth and don't want to make a trade. Leave them be

Wayfarer13

Jun 21, 2020
Adding a goalie that's just as bad as Koskinen isn't going to improve the goaltending.

69be4d26fb2c350b489bb1be6b2d2bdb.png
Team was a mess with injuries, Covid and Shitty coach. If he was in the net since ST Louis his numbers would a lot better. Think Caulfeild With Ducharme and then with St Louis. Statement stands.

Reactions: CDN24

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
LOL

Allen is better than Koskinen and makes almost 2 million less. Heck he even has better numbers than Smith.

You act as if he is a cap dump. He would be The Oilers #1
He would be the Oilers #1 because we have no better options. He is about on par with Koskinen, who has been better this year than most realize, but is really inconsistent. Smith can't stop a beach ball this year, so being better than Smith isn't a victory. Stuart Skinner could be just as good of an option as Allen but we have him seasoning in the AHL.

The biggest issue with Allen is that his contract isn't over. Nobody wants Jake Allen as their starting goalie, he's a top tier backup, but trading for him at his salary and our cap situation guarantees that he is our #1 goalie next year. That keeps us in the same scenario we are in right now, with no starting goalie and a roster that might be good enough to win a few rounds in the playoffs if goalies weren't costing us games.

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Don’t want Allen, don’t want to trade Holloway without a legit number one with term coming back, don’t want Chiarot at that price being asked for.

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
To Oilers: Ben Chairot + Jake Allen + Lehkonen

To Montreal: Holloway + conditional 2022 1st if Oilers win the Stanley cup. (Pick would be 32th OV) + cap dump Koskinen.
Hard no from Mtl. They get way more individually and if they are smart they do not trade Lehkonen.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
That's actually an interesting proposal. Habs would need to retain to make the numbers work though. Oilers need a Chiarot. Their fans blame everything on the goalie but prime Brodeur couldn't play goal in front of that blue line and McCherrypicker.
Incorrect actually with the new coach and system. We should have won that game against Tampa, and arguably the Wild. Smith shit the bed in both games with his awful play. We outplayed both teams.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
oh cool a 1B goalie, a third liner, and a 4/5 defenceman that needs Shea Weber to look acceptable, and all at the low low price of our top prospect and a first.

No.

Reactions: TFHockey

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
To all Habs fans trying to sluff that Jake Allen contract onto Edmonton, I have a two word phrase for you that starts with a four letter word that begins with the letter f, and finishes with a popular brand of insect repellent.

Fair tRaid?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Incorrect actually with the new coach and system. We should have won that game against Tampa, and arguably the Wild. Smith shit the bed in both games with his awful play. We outplayed both teams.
You outplayed Tampa. You most definitely didn't outplay the Wild. Not sure what you were watching in that one.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
That's actually an interesting proposal. Habs would need to retain to make the numbers work though. Oilers need a Chiarot. Their fans blame everything on the goalie but prime Brodeur couldn't play goal in front of that blue line and McCherrypicker.
Lol jetsfan even opening his mouth is funny

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Lol jetsfan even opening his mouth is funny
The Jets fan thing was a joke based on the Jankowski over Teravainen pick. I'm a Flames fan. The Oilers did not "badly outplay" the Wild. High danger chances were more than 2 to 1 against the Oilers.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
You outplayed Tampa. You most definitely didn't outplay the Wild. Not sure what you were watching in that one.
Not world breaking, but no where near as bad as the score was indicating.

GDB 50.0 Wrap Up: Way she goes sometimes, Oilers’ winning streak ends with 7-3 loss to the Wild

• If you’re a fan of the fancy stats, I am here to announce that the Oilers finished the night with a 58.21 CF% and a 58.03 xGF%.
  • If you love a good Corski win then you’re probably excited about outshooting the Wild by a 33-22 margin.
  • At least I can tell you that the Oilers won 64% of the faceoffs.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Not world breaking, but no where near as bad as the score was indicating.

GDB 50.0 Wrap Up: Way she goes sometimes, Oilers’ winning streak ends with 7-3 loss to the Wild

• If you’re a fan of the fancy stats, I am here to announce that the Oilers finished the night with a 58.21 CF% and a 58.03 xGF%.
  • If you love a good Corski win then you’re probably excited about outshooting the Wild by a 33-22 margin.
  • At least I can tell you that the Oilers won 64% of the faceoffs.
High danger chances. That's the key metric. It's where the Oilers are struggling right now. You have to keep the opponent out of the middle. Corsi is a good indicator of possession, but HDSC is the indicator for wins and losses.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Same result if we make this trade or don't. Jake Allen isn't going to make us a contender.
Agreed. Oilers should be targeting a shutdown defenseman on a good contract with term. Address the goaltending in the offseason. Smith actually has a pretty good playoff resume and is capable of getting hot. He's just very spotty.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Agreed. Oilers should be targeting a shutdown defenseman on a good contract with term. Address the goaltending in the offseason. Smith actually has a pretty good playoff resume and is capable of getting hot. He's just very spotty.
We won't make the playoffs if we keep playing Smith.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
We won't make the playoffs if we keep playing Smith.
You probably will. I hate the Oilers, but you can outscore your problems 55% of the time. It's not like Anaheim or Dallas are juggernauts either. LA and the Oilers should be the bottom 2 seeds in the west.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
TICK TICK TICK. The clock is running down on Edmonton's window.
Yes, they better give up Holloway and grab the difference maker Allen before it runs out.

Holloway is non starter even if Caufield or Suzuki are included in the deal ..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad