Proposal: EDM MTL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
To Oilers: Ben Chairot + Jake Allen + Lehkonen

To Montreal: Holloway + conditional 2022 1st if Oilers win the Stanley cup. (Pick would be 32th OV) + cap dump Koskinen.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011

To Montreal: Holloway + conditional 2022 1st if Oilers win the Stanley cup. (Pick would be 32th OV) + cap dump Koskinen.
That's actually an interesting proposal. Habs would need to retain to make the numbers work though. Oilers need a Chiarot. Their fans blame everything on the goalie but prime Brodeur couldn't play goal in front of that blue line and McCherrypicker.

Reactions: Goldenhands

Mike Dukarm

Aug 3, 2018
Montreal
So Habs give Chiarot + Allen + Lekhonen for Holloway and a cap Dump.

Habs will receive more if they trade them separately: only for Chiarot and Lekhonen they will have a 1st and a 2and (minimum)... maybe a 1st+ Prospect + 2 X 2nd

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
No interest at all from the habs

The habs package could get back in total at least one 1st, two 2nd, and one 3rd, and I'll easily take that over Holloway + cap dump.
Holloway is a sure value, unlike the late 1st you get for Chairot.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Holloway is like Pelletier. He's going to play in your middle six almost for sure. He isn't a 1st line guy most likely though. Edmonton needs to start making impactful adds in areas of need. You have to give to get. This solves a lot of issues for them.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Holloway is like Pelletier. He's going to play in your middle six almost for sure. He isn't a 1st line guy most likely though. Edmonton needs to start making impactful adds in areas of need. You have to give to get. This solves a lot of issues for them.
Holloway is a swiss knife that can be used on the wings or center, I see him as a solid all around player who is pretty useful even when he doesnt score. I think he has the tools to play on a 2nd line, 2nd PP unit and on the top PK.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Lol... Love the conditional first if they win the cup? Vegas odds have that at 35:1..…. So you have a 1/35 chance of getting the 32nd overall pick.....wtf

VernonForrest

Feb 20, 2003
San Diego

I take it if the conditional first is 1st if oilers win the cup, 2022 and 2023 seconds if they don’t.

That’d be:

Holloway for Chiarot
Late first or 2 seconds for Lehkonen
Koskinen for Allen is a wash aside from giving oilers cap flexibility. Habs could potentially save Allen and flip him next year if he rebounds, but cap flexibility after Koskinen’s contract is done is probably just as valuable as what we’d potentially get for Allen next year.

Holloway is likely better than any prospect habs pickup this year beyond 15th pick. My opinion of course but I really wanted him in 2020, was happy with Guhle as consolation prize.

Wayfarer13

Jun 21, 2020
To all Habs fans trying to sluff that Jake Allen contract onto Edmonton, I have a two word phrase for you that starts with a four letter word that begins with the letter f, and finishes with a popular brand of insect repellent.
If there is a better offer on the table I recommend you take it. How many rounds is your goaltending worth?

Reactions: viceroy

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I take it if the conditional first is 1st if oilers win the cup, 2022 and 2023 seconds if they don’t.

That’d be:

Holloway for Chiarot
Late first or 2 seconds for Lehkonen
Koskinen for Allen is a wash aside from giving oilers cap flexibility. Habs could potentially save Allen and flip him next year if he rebounds, but cap flexibility after Koskinen’s contract is done is probably just as valuable as what we’d potentially get for Allen next year.

Holloway is likely better than any prospect habs pickup this year beyond 15th pick. My opinion of course but I really wanted him in 2020, was happy with Guhle as consolation prize.
Holloway was my main target too, but I also liked Reichel and Mercer. I hadnt scouted Guhle at all since I was convinced Habs wouldnt draft another LHD.

Reactions: VernonForrest

VernonForrest

Feb 20, 2003
San Diego
Holloway was my main target too, but I also liked Reichel and Mercer. I hadnt scouted Guhle at all since I was convinced Habs wouldnt draft another LHD.
I had Sanderson as my absolute favourite and 3/4 ranked player with Byfield but obviously he was out of reach. Holloway and Guhle were both in my top 12. Loved Lukas Reichel as well. We will see how it all plays out but looks like a very good draft.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
To all Habs fans trying to sluff that Jake Allen contract onto Edmonton, I have a two word phrase for you that starts with a four letter word that begins with the letter f, and finishes with a popular brand of insect repellent.

LOL

Allen is better than Koskinen and makes almost 2 million less. Heck he even has better numbers than Smith.

You act as if he is a cap dump. He would be The Oilers #1

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
If there is a better offer on the table I recommend you take it. How many rounds is your goaltending worth?

Adding a goalie that's just as bad as Koskinen isn't going to improve the goaltending.

69be4d26fb2c350b489bb1be6b2d2bdb.png

Reactions: thadd and PuckG

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022

Not good for Edmonton. Allen is not the answer, and Halloway shouldn’t even be mentioned in a deal like this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad